logolong

Hello from Western Pennsylvania

More
9 years 8 months ago #55002 by PWILC
Hello, I just found this social media site and had to try it out. I was diagnosed with dyslexia as a child so I was able to get the support I needed early on in school. I have a bachelors and almost finished a master program. I am proud to say it was not my academic work that kept me from getting my masters, but the need for more experience in the field. I worked in technical theater for 10 years. Now I have switched gears and am working as a Independent Living Coordinator a the Center for Independent living in my area. I like the fact that I am helping people much more directly. I have been put in charge of our peer mentoring group. I am also working on starting a youth program for youth with disabilities. but some of this is also in my profile page.

My personal passion is for kids with the invisible disabilities. I was blessed as a child but there are many that don't have the support that I had. I want to help these kids to understand they are not "stupid" and that their talents out weigh their struggles.

I plan on setting up my penpal info up soon. Until then if you have any questions for me ask away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #55012 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic Hello from W
Hello to you, and welcome to Ablehere :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #55021 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Hello from W
welcome to able here

More
9 years 8 months ago #55026 by CuteSarah
Hello and welcome.

More
9 years 8 months ago #55033 by Jana
Hi and welcome!

More
9 years 7 months ago #55075 by BUBBADOG14
Hi, Welcome to AbleHere. :)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds