logolong

Hello from England, UK

More
9 years 3 months ago #56201 by gillie
Hi, I've just joined so I guess I'm a newbie!! I have got a good sense of humour and love satire. I also write humorous poetry and some seriously reflective ones as well. I love a good hearty discussion as well as hating what the UK Government is doing to the disabled in this country.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #56202 by
Replied by on topic Hello from England, UK
:) Hello and welcome :) :)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #56225 by Pamten
Replied by Pamten on topic Hello from England, UK
Hi Gillie

I'm a newbie too. I'm sure we will make friends here it seems a very friendly site
I have also dabbled in poetry on and off for a few years.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Pamten.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56229 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Hello from England, UK
Hi Pam

Welcome to Able Here.

Maybe we should have a poetry corner?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #56230 by Pamten
Replied by Pamten on topic Hello from England, UK
Hi Karl

Thanks for the welcome.

Now that could be a great idea. A site I was on was for fans of an Australian actor and we had a poet corner on there, it produced some great poetry.
My grammar isn't always perfect but so long as people enjoy the poem is the main thing.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Pamten.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
8 years 6 months ago #58947 by riversidemarie
I don'tt whether you are still on this site but I'm relatively new to disability and over the past year have eventaually been assessed by all and sundry and have ended up with zilch help courtesy of this government and it looks like there is worse to come for those who are disabled. But what can we expect. As far as I know there are only about two people in government one in the Lords. I contacted them both and did get one reply. Nice. I listen to question time etc. but disability rarely comes up. Considering Cameron, himself had a disabled child one would think thatt he would be hot on disability but disappointingly he is not now. Some disabled do get to London and try to lobby but a lot pay lip service oonly and all soon forgotten. We are expected to be grateful for the little they deem to be acceptable. God help the young disabled in the future and those that cannot voice their concerns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds