logolong

Saunter is a way you walk

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58594 by Saunter
My idea is that saunter is a way you walk. Not that I really do so but the idea of smooth slow graceful delicate and moving forward saunter has to do with path road sidewalk no wait saunter walk. On the south side of my house is a path made of round placed pavers. One one side of it is growing hemerocallis Orange naturalizing day lilies. They run between the path and the house . The path meets the south neighbors lawn it runs east/west between the front and back yard. There are also fern the south neighbor has a huge old oak tree it dapples the space with shade birds and squirrels love it. At times an owl can be heard at nite from this tree. It's peaceful .thankyou saunter
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Saunter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58596 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Saunter is a way you walk
Unless you are in a BIG hurry, I think a 'saunter' is the best way to walk! It sounds like you notice and appreciate a lot of what is around you. It is easy to get 'sidetracked' by the 'big old world', and having the ability to shut it out for a while and concentrate on what is right in front of you is a 'skill' worth cultivating I think. My 'new' home here has a small garden (I haven't had a garden for many years) and just watching the behaviour of small birds like sparrows can be fascinating.
I like your style Saunter, please keep posting - you've got at least one 'fan' in me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
8 years 8 months ago #58601 by BUBBADOG14
Welcome Saunter!! I don't saunter when I walk, my husband says I waddle like a penguin and I have to agree!! :dry: Because of my wonderful arthritis the pain causes me to walk that way. Anyway I look forward to more of your posts. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
8 years 7 months ago #58892 by Saunter
Replied by Saunter on topic Saunter is a way you walk
Saunter is more than the way you walk it's a state of mind state of heart it is a mental attitude . Not one that is always so but when it is there it is a way of Being in love with the moment in time the California TV people sy zen but I do not I say saunter. Zen is so structured so rigid so powerful and to me saunter is so beautiful so alive so relaxed. Like after I walk the path on the south side of my house nears the orange day lilies with black specks. Where the path changes from round paving stones to square and many random shapes . There are fern and then a bench to sit on in front of you are many pebble stones called pea gravel due to the size. Many colors shades of brown and grey and white and black. And wood horizontal like a fence laid on it side. Because was once a fence. Now decoration and where the two old fence pieces meet an orange and white speckled diamond shape stone. And at its feet a handmade so small cross that was obviously made by a child out of oak. It is rough and crooked. And I love it. I sit and pray on the bench and sometimes I just sit and say not hinging. On my right 5 feet away grow phlox flowers sometimes calls sweet William because they have a sweet scent. Butterflies like them and that is part of the experience to hear bees and see butterflies. It is relaxing the house in this place is slightly concave so it is pan alcove almost . Here while seated I saunter . Thank you, saunter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will, riversidemarie

More
8 years 7 months ago #58893 by Saunter
Replied by Saunter on topic Saunter is a way you walk
I'm going to try to keep a running explain as I go along with the ssi ( USA gives out money and insurance cards to disabled, told what to do by USA congress) I guess it goes in forum?

More
8 years 7 months ago #58900 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Saunter is a way you walk

Saunter wrote: Saunter is more than the way you walk it's a state of mind state of heart it is a mental attitude . Not one that is always so but when it is there it is a way of Being in love with the moment in time the California TV people sy zen but I do not I say saunter. Zen is so structured so rigid so powerful and to me saunter is so beautiful so alive so relaxed. Like after I walk the path on the south side of my house nears the orange day lilies with black specks. Where the path changes from round paving stones to square and many random shapes . There are fern and then a bench to sit on in front of you are many pebble stones called pea gravel due to the size. Many colors shades of brown and grey and white and black. And wood horizontal like a fence laid on it side. Because was once a fence. Now decoration and where the two old fence pieces meet an orange and white speckled diamond shape stone. And at its feet a handmade so small cross that was obviously made by a child out of oak. It is rough and crooked. And I love it. I sit and pray on the bench and sometimes I just sit and say not hinging. On my right 5 feet away grow phlox flowers sometimes calls sweet William because they have a sweet scent. Butterflies like them and that is part of the experience to hear bees and see butterflies. It is relaxing the house in this place is slightly concave so it is pan alcove almost . Here while seated I saunter . Thank you, saunter

Beautiful words in my humble opinion.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds