logolong

bull headed about property taxes payment

More
8 years 6 months ago #58898 by Saunter
I'm so bull headed that I paid my property taxes for 2015 since I don't want to lose my home .(to the county.). I'm also disabled and want to save up to pay property taxes . Because I did ssi ( USA government office that give disability money and medical insurance checks). Is required by congress to penalize me by taking 10% of my check for 7 years.
I m allowed by ssi to own my home. WHAT WENT WRONG? See #1,2,3, .
#1 LAW my property taxes are more then the $2000 saving allowed by ssi
#2 CHART. Property taxes are not on the SSI chart of living expenses
#3 LIST property taxes are not on the list of things that ssi says don't count against you ( doesn't count against you such as home car dental work)
It's as if for ssi and congress property taxes don't exist although for the rest of the world they do! Congress enacted these3 items. They forgot it seems to let me or other disabled citizens save to pay property taxes. Disabled in USA are 8 million. Disabled citizens are being mistreated by being penalized for saving to pay property taxes when the non disabled citizens are not being penalized for doing the same thing.
Thank you, saunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #59056 by BUBBADOG14
Good rant Saunter but us British don't understand USA laws so need to have an explanation we can understand what your talking about, sorry. :huh:

Saunter wrote: I'm so bull headed that I paid my property taxes for 2015 since I don't want to lose my home .(to the county.). I'm also disabled and want to save up to pay property taxes . Because I did ssi ( USA government office that give disability money and medical insurance checks). Is required by congress to penalize me by taking 10% of my check for 7 years.
I m allowed by ssi to own my home. WHAT WENT WRONG? See #1,2,3, .
#1 LAW my property taxes are more then the $2000 saving allowed by ssi
#2 CHART. Property taxes are not on the SSI chart of living expenses
#3 LIST property taxes are not on the list of things that ssi says don't count against you ( doesn't count against you such as home car dental work)
It's as if for ssi and congress property taxes don't exist although for the rest of the world they do! Congress enacted these3 items. They forgot it seems to let me or other disabled citizens save to pay property taxes. Disabled in USA are 8 million. Disabled citizens are being mistreated by being penalized for saving to pay property taxes when the non disabled citizens are not being penalized for doing the same thing.
Thank you, saunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds