logolong

From north-central British Columbia, Canada

More
7 years 5 months ago #63357 by Timetrvlr
Hi! I'm an old retired guy in a small town in the vast, virtually uninhabited interior of British Columbia (B,C.). No, we don't live in an igloo as it is only frozen for five months of the year and that is becoming pretty iffy too what with global warming. My wife of 59 years and I live in a very nice 1300 Sq, Ft. mobile home in a retirement mobile-home park.

Hobbies: I suppose our biggest hobby is yard sales sometimes called garage sales or boot sales. Our yard sales season begins in April and ends in October. The wimps won't have yard sales in cold weather, but then neither would I. I do a lot of home improvement projects which I enjoy and I spend a lot of time reading and a bit of time on the computer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #63366 by BUBBADOG14
Wow what an amazing place to live! I can only imagine how beautiful it must be. :ohmy: Is this where the crab and tuna boats go in and out of? And the ice roads that I see on t.v?

More
7 years 5 months ago #63374 by Timetrvlr
It is a beautiful place to live, endless forests, lakes and rivers as well as a fairly mild climate. Oh it gets cold in winter and the snow starts in December and lasts until March but we have great summers too.

No, we aren't close to the ocean, it's a couple of hundred miles west of here over the coastal mountain range. we live between the Coast range and the Rocky mountain range so we are shielded from that raw, wet coastal weather as well as Arctic blasts from the north. The ice road truckers operate far to the northeast of us in northern Alberta and the Northwest territories. It's hard for Europeans to grasp how huge Canada really is. The nearest big town (75,000) from us is Prince George, an hour-and-a-half away by highway.

Canada is the second largest country in the world, Russia being first and the U.S.A. is third in area. Canada has about the same population as California, about 35 million, and most people live in cities.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds