logolong

Introduction and a bit more

More
6 years 9 months ago #65554 by Crawlerz
Hello people of the interwebs. I am here to hopefully introduce myself as I've been looking for a community of like minded people. I am 33, disabled, and if that wasn't enough, a little person (or whatever the hell the PC term is). I live in PA, USA. Originally I'm from Russia though.

As far as my disabilities go, I have rheumatoid arthritis pretty much damaging all my joints since I was 3, severely limiting my movement and abilities.

As if all my disabilities and problems weren't enough, all of my life was spent in neglect, mind abuse and isolation due to living with my psycho narcissistic human waste of a mother.

Far too late did I wake up to the possibility that I don't have to take this for the rest of my life, but by then I was already balls deep into depression.

I have gotten myself a powerchair relatively recently and started going outside the house on my own, which I couldn't even dream of before.

Right now my entire life force is spent on looking for acceptable supportive living situation where I could move out and live in privacy and enough dignity that I think every person needs to have. I am excluding nursing homes and group homes as that isn't what I am looking for. And yes these things exist. Apartments in a building staffed by professionals on hand for transferring and such.

This isn't a very good photo but this is me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65563 by BUBBADOG14
Welcome and glad you got a power chair so you can get out of house and have some freedom. You may find getting the home you want may take a while as it depends on what is available at that time.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65602 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic Introduction and a bit more
I hope you find the home to suit your needs.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds