logolong

ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #47644 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Tessa your drawings are amazing and deserve to be shown in a gallery, I can see people paying loads of money for them. You may even get famous people buying them!! Have you got a date for your exhibit of them?

My husband & I are looking for some canvases for our home, we both love modern art, but I like Andy Warhol and banksy style, sort of pop art and my other half likes something more softer. My husband is looking for canvases for the lounge and I'm looking for something for the guest bedroom. Finding somewhere where you can go and see art in an actual shop is like looking for a needle in a hay stack! There are no actual shops anymore that sell art! It's all online now so you only see what the computer shows so you are buying blind in a way. Such a shame as it's nice going to look at something before you buy it.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by BUBBADOG14. Reason: change of word
The following user(s) said Thank You: tessa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #47673 by bjjazzy
Replied by bjjazzy on topic Re: ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY

Attachment 57100_167808330025931_220876623_o2.jpg not found

Attachment 57289_166270530179711_2089732705_o2.jpg not found

bjjazzy's art
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #47676 by bjjazzy
those must be those scratchy boards, I used to do those in school and they were a lot of fun, it is like chalk on the bottom and pained black on the surface and you use a metal sharp-tipped pen to scratch the image on it. they are fun., I also used to do t-shirts for people and they'd sell them and they got worn by people in my community.

More
10 years 11 months ago #47677 by bohonk
Replied by bohonk on topic Re: ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY
They are very good Have you sold any of your art-work?

More
10 years 11 months ago #47697 by bjjazzy
yes, I sold these pheasants . these are on t-shirts that were sold to a hunting apparel shop, I did a bunch of wildlife shirts for the guy, I was also in an art show and I have an associates degree in commercial and graphic arts, but where I'm from there are no more work out there for this kind of career, and the competition is very stiff. I also sold t-shirt designs for a Pro-shop in a bowling alley for bowling and sports related designs. I sold some framed work in a street art fair. And I did the designs of the tattoos I have on my thigh and back.

More
10 years 11 months ago #47698 by bjjazzy
you are definitely right Bubba, the art is all now on and done by computers these days and a person doesn't even have to be an artist to have the art jobs these days for commercial and graphics, it's really ashamed, the computer has taken so much if not all the art jobs out there away from us artists. unfortunately I had to be on disability for all my physical and learning/autism/ fibromyalgia/bone disaese stuff...if art was still out there I could have at least been doing that and made a real living at least this way. now it is just a hobbie.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds