logolong

A perfect interior design

More
10 years 11 months ago #47445 by Sofiagood
Hello, I am a student studying interior design. At the moment I am working on the project which aim is to create the best communicating interior design for disabled people.
Considering that I am interviewing people on how you would see the best interior design.
This includes size of the space, colours, and type of furniture etc. Another question is which kind of furniture you find less comfortable.
I would like to ask for assistance because real people's opinion will help to get to a better and more helpful design. Could you please give a short answer to the questions above?Thank you for help and understanding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #47458 by BUBBADOG14
I find a minimalist room is best (like the one I live in) easy access to area's with no chance of falling or hurting myself.

The worst kind of room would be a cluttered room that I can't safely get around due to lots of tables or units screens and stand a lone lamps. Also rugs are a disabled persons enemy due to being able to easily trip over or getting caught in a wheelchair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sofiagood

More
10 years 9 months ago #47852 by tessa
Replied by tessa on topic Re: A perfect interior design
BUBBA is right! No rugs or carpeting for wheelchair users either! Special kitchens for wheelchair users exist too, though they do cost a bit more than the other models. Here in Italy though these kind of expences are tax-deductible.
I'd personally need railings along the walls - to help myself while 'walking' (Total lack of balance) AND in the restrooms too. BTW, no bathtubs, only showers also equipped with railings. Next, I'd need a wide space to move around with my wheelchair, so no rooms jammed with useless stuff, wide enough doors....and a lot more maybe...but I'll let others add their ideas.

More
10 years 9 months ago #47854 by bohonk
hello,
I tend to keep furniture to the outside (always keep room for the wheelchair) if I use carpet,,its a very short nap. At least a 36" door,windows depend on the users request but I have found a roll-out or crank works best. If you are designing for a disabled person, it depends on their own physical restraints . Please do not forget the bathroom and kitchen, they are the rooms most accidents happen. And all this with the resale of the home in-mind.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds