logolong

Comic talk- Is the Hulk disabled?

More
9 years 3 months ago #56361 by Sandie
All brawn and no brains :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #56366 by PWILC
We are also talking about the difference between a cure or learning how to manage symptoms. Being he is a fictitious character so there will be both some where in his story. the ways I see it the Hulk will never stay cured, They may do it from time to time but then we see Bruce Banner become the big green smashing monster again. my point is They will not let him stay cured because we lose the Hulk, part of who the character is the inability to control his rage. We also see Bruce Banner with different levels of control some times in the same movie. Look at the Avenger movie, one scene he is pushed over the edge and is smashing up Shields flying carrier, later he tells Captain America that his secret is he is always angry just before he wills the change into the Hulk.
The fact is that some one with a mental disability like this has to learn to manage the symptoms if they want to live in Society. And that is not any easy task. If you talk to some one that has bipolar disorder, there condition is real and they have to take steps to control it. they don't get cured it doesn't go away. But it also doesn't make them less of a person or take away there talents.
I started this topic for two reasons, one its fun to talk about our comic book superheros. but I also started it to look at how people wit disabilities are more than just the disability. Take Bruce Banner again, the man's a genius but most people really only know about the Hulk. I mean this in two ways. first in the comic, he is often hunted just for being the monster and people don't see the man fighting for control of himself. second if you ask most people they may know who the Hulk is but only know the Green monster hero that smashes bad guys but not know who Bruce Banner is. In our real world we run into the same thing, people see the wheel chair or the CP and don't see the architect, or the pastor, the parent and lover. I know with dyslexia in school I had to fight for people to see me as a smart kid that could do more than manual labor. We all are more than our disability, and we can use our strengths to do great things.

More
9 years 3 months ago #56381 by Sandie
Scott also suffers from PNES he has to try and control it but finds
it very hard and the control never lasts for long.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56549 by BUBBADOG14
Also in the Avengers Assembled he tells Tony stark (Iron Man)that' having 'the other guy' is a curse' and I know I say that having the Osteoporosis among my other problems is a curse! I would think Bruce Banners disability is he's Bi-polar as he calls the Hulk 'the other guy'. By the way I love the Avengers Assembled movie!

More
7 years 1 month ago #64210 by Saunter
I would say yes the hulk is disabled. Being bipolar myself I think he is. He needs a clinic counseling and lifestyle changes and changes in his diet. Probably RX too. My daughter also has biipolar . When she was a child she would say mama I feel like the hulk. Help me. Then I would talk to her give her tea . Hug her. And wait for it to pass. She is 29 years old now. She and I are both stable for over 10 years.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds