logolong

Me And Puppets...

More
8 years 8 months ago #58405 by Will
Me And Puppets... was created by Will
I've been making puppets since I was a kid. Never 'performed' with them. Sold a few in my time. Made a little "Bonster" in the 90's - never could bring myself to call it a 'monster - too sily to be that! This is a poor quality video of "it! being manipulated by me in the mid 90's. Quite nostalgic, I had two fat legs and a carpet in need of a good clean... enjoy... if possible!

The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58426 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic Me And Puppets...
I love it xxx

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58642 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Me And Puppets...
I posted my own pretty 'poor' video here as an 'introduction'. I honestly regard puppetry as an 'art form'. I am a mere lifetime novice. There are some very talented people out there who leave me 'dumb-struck'. Having the ability / talent to take an inanimate object and appear to give it 'life' is something I admire (and envy!). There are a lot of videos on Youtube that illustrate what I mean. I am happy to 'flag' up things that, in my very humble opinion, 'might' engage or mildly entertain others. Sorry to 'impose' one of my interests on other people, but it's a case of 'share' or shut up! (other people - SHARE your interests - unless you are a depraved pervert - then err, best keep it to yourself...). Enough. A gentle, short illustration of what I'm on about...

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58652 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Me And Puppets...
I am in two minds about this particular clip. Technically it is very clever. It seems to be commenting on the 'human condition' (where did that term come from?) but is actually suggesting that if a puppet (an inanimate object, without life) were to perceive thal all it's actions were 'controlled' by a 'higher power' it's existance would be pointless... here, the puppet commits 'suicide'! Ok, if you want to provoke philosophical or metaphisical thought, this is one way I suppose. But it is trying to be 'clever' I think. The 'conclusion' is rather blunt I feel. As a short cabaret performance, seen in person, for real, I would probably say "Good act", but as a state of 'mind' to take home with you, it may not be the best. (Yes, I know there was an attractive lady comedien who came on straight after and endeared herself to both sexes in the audience with her witty and wise banter, uplifting everyone into a state of euphoria - I'm talking about puppetry here!). I'll shut up (for now!). What do you think

The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds