logolong

Photography

More
15 years 8 months ago #6403 by webbo
Photography was created by webbo
Hi All

Is there any members in here interested in photography?? I have CP and needed something new to keep me occupied, so I opted for a costly hobby known as photography.

I have a Canon EOS 350d and have just bought a new lense.

To accompany my new hobby I was looking for others who do photography on other websites and couldn't find a site that other people with disabilities use, so proceeded to setup my own called DAB Photography Online ( www.dab-photographyonline.co.uk ).

The site is for everyone as I strongly believe that we are one and we can learn from one another.

I'd be interested to chat with others who share this interest and hope to learn more from you. Please check out my site and join.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #6706 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Photography
yeah ive started trying learning photo stuuf........have decided to learn editting techniques etc......ive not got much cash...little coordination...and have the shakes when tryig to keep still....lol......and i cant see the screen of what picture im taking on the screen !!........but ive mastered taking untechnical photos with my mobile or my small dvd/photo thingy........last year i did a short course in photoshop and in photography too.. to start me off with my knowledge.................then found photoshop was quite expensive......thanks webbo for yr advice you gave me...re programme called GIMP which was free to download...:) ....i have now got that to start working with...................lol...its confusing!!...but will persevere..............may surprise you all with some superb award winning artistic creation yet..:)

More
15 years 8 months ago #7038 by ~mark~
Replied by ~mark~ on topic Re:Photography
Suzan, you are to modest. Those pictures of yourself you sent me were absolutely great. I really like your use of silk and leather, u are so bad!! lol Sorry Suzan, I just couldn't resist. It's great to have hobby's. Good luck with it, and yes, photography is and expensive venture, but the end product pictures can be priceless. You should post a few of them sometime. Talk later, MArk

More
15 years 8 months ago #7044 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Photography
LOL mARK !!

I wasnt chatting Wiki Gimp.....!!;)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimp_%28sadomasochism%29

....:woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

but i was chatting Wiki GIMP !!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP
The GNU Image Manipulation Program, or GIMP, is a raster graphics editor used to process digital graphics and photographs. Typical uses include creating graphics and logos, resizing and cropping photos, altering colors, combining multiple images, removing unwanted image features, and converting between different image formats.[2] GIMP can also be used to create basic animated images in GIF format. It is often used as a free software replacement for Adobe Photoshop, the most widely used bitmap editor in the printing and graphics industries; however, it is not designed to be a Photoshop clone.[3] The project's mascot is named Wilber.

The project was started in 1995 by Spencer Kimball and Peter Mattis and is now maintained by a group of volunteers under the auspices of the GNU Project.[4] Available under the terms of the GNU General Public License, GIMP is free software.

The GIMP prog is a photographic editting prog....have to say it is still confusing me...anyone out there using it??

LOL..made me laugh when i read there is a mascot..Wilber...:lol:

Post edited by: suzan, at: 2008/08/15 09:16<br><br>Post edited by: suzan, at: 2008/08/15 11:38

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #7090 by
Replied by on topic Re:Photography
I find photographing The Human Form is most rewarding xxxx ;) :blink: :whistle:

More
14 years 7 months ago #28273 by JoSo
Replied by JoSo on topic Re:Photography
I've recently started to take an interest in photography i'd be pleased if you'd have a look through my gallery and see what you think?
josouthall.daportfolio.com/
hope your all well?
Jo

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds