logolong

Photography

More
11 years 2 months ago #46916 by monte
Replied by monte on topic Re: Photography
This is an older thread. Wondering if when Photography is mentioned is it darkroom, chemicals and such or digital. Or is it the taking of pictures mostly.

monte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #46917 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: Photography
Hi Monte,

I'm not sure why I've missed this thread. I've been on Able Here for less than a year.

Anyway, if you would like to talk about photography, either digital or film, I'd be glad to. I'm not a pro, actually I've never developed my own photos from film. I do some digital restorations of old photographs as sort of an aside to my genealogy addiction. But for outdoor photos where there is moving wildlife involved, I prefer to use my vintage film camera. I just have them put the photos on a disc when they develop the 4x6's for me. That way I can use Photoshop to alter them.

Darn, if I didn't miss an amazing shot not long ago by being out camera-less. I saw a dead tree standing, about 25 feet tall and at the very top was a bald eagle (I live in Wisconsin in the US) I would have missed seeing it completely if the eagle hadn't moved its head, as the feathers of his body blended completely in with the trunk of the tree. I'll always regret not getting that shot.

What kind of photography do you do? And what kind of camera(s) do you have?

Jana

More
11 years 2 months ago #46920 by Josie
Replied by Josie on topic Re: Photography
I have an interest in photography. I love taking pictures. It is rare to find people still working with film. However, film has a certain element to it, that you just can't get with digital.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds