logolong

Royalton, White Sands. Jamacia

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #60808 by BUBBADOG14
The Royalton, White Sands Resort. Jamaica.

Arriving at the huge front of the hotel I was impressed. The reception was amazing with the massive hanging sculpture and comfy settee's spread over to an open balcony looking over the hotel grounds.
We where taken via one of the only two lifts on the ground floor to our room. The room was lovely though small which came to being tight moving around. There was a shower but it came to problems when it came for my showers! Phil had to hold me up with one hand as there wasn't any grip and assist me showering with the other! It did look like a comedy sketch! There wasn't a shower mat or any grippy tiles and it could have done with some assisting handles around the toilet. As far as I know there wasn't any Disabled rooms.

Don't get me wrong the room was lovely and we had a partial sea view.

The hotel had 5 restaurants and the only restaurant we didn't eat in was the Sushi one as my husband hates Sushi! The food was amazing and you could also have room service. The only negative was no toilets near any of the restaurants!
The lack of toilets was a niggle with me, the one disabled loo was close to the beach and doubled as a baby changing room which was a problem as it was always busy! I think altogether there was 3 outdoors disabled loos and 0 indoors!

There was 2 pools at the hotel and where easy to get in too as it was a like a ramp into it. Of course I could go in due to my epilepsy but I saw 2 disabled holiday members being assisted in to one of them.

There where several bars including a Martini bar and a sports bar and they would put at least 4 - 6 measures of rum or whatever your tipple is! Our favourite bar was the reception bar as we made good friends with the bar man Ardley he was never down always singing and he actually brought his guitar in one night and sang a song for me, my husband and I both said he had a beautiful voice.
There was also a coffee shop including delicious cakes!

They had entertainment day and night including Zumba classes everyday! My favourite show was the Bob Marley tribute we sat and joined in to his songs and he was a double Ganger for him!

There was also a beach party which was perfect. There was a BBQ, music from a kettle drum band, men on stilts, people selling stuff and dancing. It was so much fun for the last night!

The staff where absolutely lovely and couldn't do enough for us and made us smile all the time. Though Jamaica is a little behind on becoming a disabled friendly country we have both fallen in love with it and have agreed we want to go back to Jamaica one day.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by BUBBADOG14.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #60819 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Royalton, White Sands. Jamacia
Sounds like fun...

Can't wait to see the photos

More
8 years 1 month ago #60823 by BUBBADOG14
Will add pic's this week coming!! :)

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #60945 by BUBBADOG14
Here are some photo's as promised

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by BUBBADOG14.

More
8 years 1 month ago #60948 by BUBBADOG14
Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago #60950 by BUBBADOG14
Will add more soon!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds