logolong

Disabled life

More
9 years 6 months ago #55551 by Tomrymer
Replied by Tomrymer on topic Disabled life
Pain and an individual's response is also difficult to generalise about. I have experienced many types of physical pain in the past from infancy and still have pain to deal with. In those long past days the pain of internal bleeding into joints could be overwhelming and a combination of oral opiates, hot water bottles and distraction by reading, sometimes day and night for two or three days got me through it.
These days the pain is mostly into elbows ruined by the previous bleeds and mostly I can cope if I give my attention to something else.
I once attended a course designed to assist with pain while cutting down on medication. Most of the suggestions didn't work for me. Pretending to find pain pleasurable was one of the, to me, crazy suggestions I didn't even try! Intractable pain, above the mild level is so hard to bear and I find it easy to empathise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #56143 by bjjazzy
Replied by bjjazzy on topic Disabled life
not all fibro people can get a TENs, my doc said i have the most severest of the fibromyalgia and my pain was too widespread to give me one, becauseit is all over my body and in my face. the pain meds i was allergic too, i almost died, and or got hives depending on which one...they ran out of options for me, the shots i got the epidurals also caused hives, so they had to have me leave from the pain management clinics for fear of death, lawsuits, etc. just "liability" for them, so the only way i slowed up a lot of the pain was to take the basic ibuprophen with sitting, or taking hot baths, giving up the kind of work type stuff that makes for more pain. i am supposed to be on long term vicden and ozycontine that is only frug that would have worked the miracles but they are also the drugs that would have killed me. finnally a dentist that speciallizes in TMJ gave me cyclobezeprine, and miraculousley it works for a lot of the fibro pain, or baclofen, so now i am on the cyclobezeprine, it is the best for fibromyalgia...all those other drugs like neurontin, llyrica, those you can just throw in the trashcan. tell everyone with fibro, that if they don't want or get the narcotic drugs, best drug to get is cyclobenzeprine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds