logolong

We were robbed

More
9 years 6 months ago #55409 by Jana
We were robbed was created by Jana
Seriously. It happened Saturday during the night and at least two of our neighbors were robbed as well. I admit to being one of those bleeding heart types who likes to trust the world, so I don't often think about locking doors at night. But my husband does. Unfortunately we left the sliding patio door unlocked and that is where the guy got in.

My husband's wallet is always right there by the phone with his keys, etc. It's his routine when he gets home to empty his pockets there. His wallet was cleared of cash, only $25 and no credit cards were taken. Thankfully no medications were stolen either. THAT would have been a big hassle. The police officer was very nice but he said it was pretty brazen for someone to just walk in like that. Later that day we found out that 2 other neighbors had also been robbed. The young couple next door had both their front and back door left open and their cat got out. Later they found her cowering under our deck. They were very shaken because the intruder would have walked all the way through their home.

It's not so much the loss of money, but the fact that someone violated our personal space that had us both very shook up. I hope this never happens again. :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #55418 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic We were robbed
My place is like a fortress, I was robbed many years ago the mess they left was unbelievable, and as you say they had invaded your personal space, I take extra care to lock everything up before I go to bed, my son does live with me but world war 3 could break out and he wouldn't hear a thing.

More
9 years 6 months ago #55433 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic We were robbed
My Husbands parents house was burgled many years ago while myself & my husband (then boyfriend) where looking after it. The place was turned over and they used pillow cases to carry what they took out. When we walked in the place looked like a twister had gone through it, the mess well that shocked us. They had even opened my small suitcase with my clothes in and pored it all out. They must have been in the house a good 45mins to make the mess they had. We later found out from the police they had been watching the house for a couple of days so they knew what time we left for work ect... They worse part was having to clean up thankfully my mom came round and helped us. When my husbands parents came back from holiday we had to tell them their house had been broken into, it was a shock but at least they hadn't come home to it. It worked out over £1000 worth of things had been taken.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds