logolong

Stairlift arm has broken for the hundredth time!

More
6 years 9 months ago #65368 by BUBBADOG14
Luckily my stairlift is due for it's service but my left arm died yesterday so only have one arm working for what must be the hundredth time in 3 years now! I was told it's a design fault that when the company designed it they didn't think about when lifting the arm up and down when not using it the connection wire loosens up and eventually falls off. So all the mobility company can do is when the arm stops working is they come out and solder it back on, so every few months I have to call them and they come over to my house and I have to pay for it to be reconnected and they get paid as my warrantee has run out!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65372 by themagician1892
it might be time to invest (or ask for council help) in to a through floor lift ... i had a stair lift for over 26 years they said to me (in there words) as i am not getting any smaller) the stair lift is too dangerous for me and they had done alterations in my parents (council rented house) by ways of a through floor lift and a adapted bath room

More
6 years 9 months ago #65378 by BUBBADOG14
I asked the council to give me a grant for a stairlift and they asked for my husbands accounts which I thought was wrong because the stairlift was for me! And we knew once they saw my husbands accounts they would turn me down so had to pay for the stairlift myself!!

More
6 years 9 months ago #65388 by themagician1892
if ur husband is earning more then the "lesser" required amount then it isnt wrong just means he is earning more then what they allow "for granted help"

More
6 years 9 months ago #65389 by themagician1892

More
6 years 9 months ago #65406 by BUBBADOG14
It doesn't matter now anyway, I have got myself a stairlift and I've just got to pay myself for it's service and to fix the broken arm on it! (I may get away for paying to fix the arm as it's a known fault on the product, I haven't had to pay to fix it before so you never know!!) :whistle:

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds