logolong

Walk in baths

More
6 years 8 months ago #65880 by Izzy17
Walk in baths was created by Izzy17
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask some advice really about walk in baths. As my husband has got older, his legs have been causing him more and more problems. And one of the things he's becoming most worried about is the bathroom and his own independence. He doesn't want to have to rely on others too much, and still wants to be able to bathe himself and such, so we were thinking a walk in bath would be ideal! Does anyone know of any good companies we can get one from? I believe my husband's friend mentioned a company called Gainsborough ? Are they good? Does anyone have any recommendations at all? Any tips would be much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #65883 by themagician1892
Replied by themagician1892 on topic Walk in baths
i know people like baths but wouldnt a walk in shower be any bette( or whats known as a wet room)

More
6 years 8 months ago #65888 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Walk in baths
Hi Izzy, Do you have a Occupational Therapist attached to your hospital (your Consultants)? I would get in touch with them first and ask them to come and access which would be best and safest for your husband. It's always best to have them check what would make life easier and safer for your husband to give him more independence. And also they may be able to get you a grant towards the cost of whatever you have done.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds