logolong

Gay marriage in Australia!

More
6 years 4 months ago #66968 by Joelyb65
Whoopdebloodydo!
It took $120 million and a public vote for the Govt to do what they should have done a long time ago, simply because it is the right thing to do!
Australia prides itself on being a country where everyone has freedom and equal rights, except when it comes to Gay people!
Now Gay people finally have the right to marry, but I know what Gay people are like, they want what they can't have, and then once they do have it, they don't want it anymore!
Now that Gay marriage is legal, they'll be racing out and getting married, just because they can, but give it 12 months and they'll be filing for divorce (that's if they can last that long!?)
Do I seem cynical? Maybe! But as a Gay man who has been used and cheated on and gave up on the idea of love long ago, I know what Gay men are like!
They say they want love and a lasting, meaningful relationship, but what they really mean is they want to have casual sex with as many guys as possible!
I spent 10 years loving and being faithful to one guy, and then found out that not only was he cheating on me, but he had been for the entire time we had been together!
While I was at home cooking his dinner and doing his laundry, he was hanging around public toilets!
I don't think I need to go into details about what he was doing there!?
When I realized the truth, I felt betrayed and physically ill, my life fell apart and I became a hopeless alcoholic, (something I am still battling with more than 17 years later!)
Shortly after we broke up, I started going out again and tried to find friends, and one night I got talking to a guy at the pub, and when I told him my story, he refused to believe that I had been faithful for 10 years!
He actually said to me, 'You couldn't have been faithful for 10 years, we're Gay men, we can't commit to one person, we HAVE to screw around, it's in our genes! What if you commit to someone and someone cuter comes along!?'
And that's what most Gay men are about, basically, 'Gays just wanna have fun!'
They'll walk over their own Grandmother if it means getting a root!
They'll certainly dump their friends if it means getting their rocks off with a complete stranger, I know, I've been there!
Thanks Dominic, I really appreciated you promising me a ride home and then Pissing Off with a guy you picked up and leaving me stranded!
2 years after that relationship ended, I met a handsome young Chinese guy, and I fell in love and truly thought he was 'the one'!
But I was wrong!
He used me until he got his 'Permanent Residency' and a job, and then he didn't want me anymore!
After him I gave up!
I do NOT like the terms, Gay Wedding or Gay Marriage, and I don't like the idea of being 'Husband and Husband' or 'Wife and Wife'!
To me, these are heterosexual terms that have nothing to do with Gay people!
Straight people don't invite you to their 'Straight Wedding' or talk about their 'Straight Marriage', so why do Gay people feel the need to add the "Gay' to everything!?
And considering that Straight people make a mockery of marriage by jumping in and out of it like it's a game, why do Gay people want it?
Straight people get married for many reasons, and love does not have to come into it, but the fact that they are a man and a woman makes it okay!?
I personally prefer the idea of having a 'Commitment Ceremony' and being 'Life Partners', I think it sounds much more important, and as long as it is legally recognized, that is all that matters!
But, like I said, most Gay people only want what they can't have, and I'm glad my ex and I never got married, it made breaking up easier, because we didn't have to go through all the divorce Shit, we just divided things up and went our separate ways!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all Gay people are like that, but from my many years of experience, most are!
And to be honest, I no longer think of myself as Gay, I just consider myself to be 'Same Sex Attracted'!
I have never been comfortable around other Gay people and always felt different from them, I really don't understand how they think, and I now have nothing to do with them at all!
I moved back to my home town 5 years ago and live alone with my cats!
When I see Gay men in public, I look the other way and ignore them and hope they don't notice me!
Yes, it hurts to feel alienated from 'my own kind', but that's just the way it is!
Sometimes I feel lonely and wish I had someone to share my life with, and I miss having physical intimacy with someone I care about, but it wasn't meant to be, I had so much love to give, but no one wanted it, I don't know why, I thought I was a good person who was worth loving, but I guess I was wrong! I can only accept my life for what it is and live with it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #66983 by SuperCat
Replied by SuperCat on topic Gay marriage in Australia!
Hey are you in the States cause I am a gay man who wants commitment?

By the way when do the Native Aussies get Civil Rights?

More
6 years 4 months ago #66991 by Joelyb65
Replied by Joelyb65 on topic Gay marriage in Australia!
No, I'm in Australia!
Native Aussies do have rights, although there is still a lot of bigotry toward them from White Aussies.
It doesn't help that the Govt allows them to live on welfare all their lives and never have to look for jobs (that's the Govts way of saying Sorry!?) it doesn't help them to have a sense of pride in themselves!
Many spend their days hanging around in the street demanding money and cigarettes from people and it makes me sad to see them like that!
Don't get me wrong, not all Aboriginal people are like that, and I have known many who are decent, hardworking people who do have pride in themselves!

More
6 years 4 months ago #66998 by SuperCat
Replied by SuperCat on topic Gay marriage in Australia!
Yeah well I am not saying that they are not given certain privileges. Just that I have heard things?

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #67316 by EdEarl
Replied by EdEarl on topic Gay marriage in Australia!
@joelyb65
It won't be many years before everyone is out of a job, because robots and Artificial Intelligence will take all jobs in a decade or two. Everyone will join the Australian native population on the government dole. Autopilots for cars will soon take all the driving jobs, I'd expect them to be gone in less than five years. Although, governments must change laws or regulations to allow them on roads, which could slow the process. The technology is very close today. Many factories already run with lights out because no one is there to need them, and the number is growing rapidly. Search youtube for more info about robots and AI.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by EdEarl.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds