logolong

accessibility

More
9 years 9 months ago #54199 by Able_Here_Team
accessibility was created by Able_Here_Team
We have added two extra features

1. On the top left, you can make the text bigger or smaller

2. On the top right, is a screen reader. Select text of interest and click on play button to start listening text.. Or just press play to read out the full page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #55540 by Julia
Replied by Julia on topic accessibility
Hello, I have been a member of this site for quite a few years. I am totally blind and use a screen reader. I have noticed that certain parts of the site have become less accessible lately, especially the chat feature. Before, when you had to click on a separate link to get to the chatroom, it was quite easy to use and I was able to both read and respond to messages. Now I still get a notification when somebody sends me a message, but I don't seem to be able to respond to any messages or start a conversation with a particular user. I am also finding it quite difficult to navigate on the forum and find relevant posts. I hope I am posting this message at the right place. If not, please feel free to move this post to where it belongs. If there are any other people with visual impairments here, I would be very interested to know if you have found a way of using these features of the website. Greetings, Julia from Sweden

More
9 years 6 months ago #55562 by Able_Here_Team
Replied by Able_Here_Team on topic accessibility
Hi Julia

We are sorry you are having problems with the new chat setup. Your screen reader should read the text when you highlight it. If not you can use the screen reader on the website at the top right corner. Are you on facebook? if so do you use the facebook chat ok?

Regarding the forum, how can we make it better for you?

More
9 years 6 months ago #55578 by Julia
Replied by Julia on topic accessibility
Yes, I am on Facebook and I don't have any problems using the Facebook chat system.
I am able to read the chat messages that people send to me on Able Here, but I can't respond to them and I can't start a new conversation.
I can still use the forum. It's just a little difficult sometimes to find what you are looking for, but I need to think about how this could be improved.

More
9 years 6 months ago #55643 by Able_Here_Team
Replied by Able_Here_Team on topic accessibility
We will have to think how to improve the chat for blind people. You need to click into the chat box to reply but you cant see so we will need to fix this problem.

In the forum, would it be easier if you had a search function?

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds