logolong

Just an idea

More
9 years 3 months ago #56301 by Pamten
Just an idea was created by Pamten
Hey guys

Just a thought about bringing in more members what about them being able to show off their talents.
There are a lot of talented people out there who would dearly love to show off their writing or poetry, their craft side, maybe giving or receiving hints and tips off others.
There are a range of different skills people collect over the years.

While you can learn most things off the Internet to actually be able to chat and strike up new friendships with likeminded people is a far greater experience.
While most of us share having a disability or being a carer for someone it's not enough to make friends, we need to talk about other stuff too..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will, riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #56321 by Able_Here_Team
Replied by Able_Here_Team on topic Just an idea
You can put your poetry, craft etc in the Hobbies and Interests section in the forum.

More
8 years 7 months ago #58883 by drumroar
Replied by drumroar on topic Just an idea
you guys should put in video chat on here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

More
8 years 7 months ago #58885 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Just an idea

drumroar wrote: you guys should put in video chat on here

Sean, if they did that, people might see me in my 'Bunny' onesy and cowboy boots! Blarrrr!

More
8 years 7 months ago #58886 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Just an idea

Pamten wrote: Hey guys

Just a thought about bringing in more members what about them being able to show off their talents.
There are a lot of talented people out there who would dearly love to show off their writing or poetry, their craft side, maybe giving or receiving hints and tips off others.
There are a range of different skills people collect over the years.

While you can learn most things off the Internet to actually be able to chat and strike up new friendships with likeminded people is a far greater experience.
While most of us share having a disability or being a carer for someone it's not enough to make friends, we need to talk about other stuff too..

Could not agree more! I've got several ideas about what "I" could post here, but there's too much of "me" here already. Personally, I'd love to hear about other people's skills and interests. If people don't want to 'write' about what they're 'into', then photographs, links to websites, audio files, videos. A lot could come from your welcomed (by me) suggestion.

More
8 years 7 months ago #58913 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic Just an idea
Great idea Will. We could extend ideas and strategies of coping with the minuiate of coping with disabilites and recreational activities. What can work, how we face difficulties, What stratergies we have found overcoming obstacles and share with other people what has worked for us and what they have found worked. I know I now find art difficult, well any creative acttivites because I now shake and would welcome any tips from anybody else of how they have overcome this and what aids they have found useful. I buy aids only to find they don't worrk for me and they are redundant. I'm sure others have done the same thing. Personally I think this idea could be extended to other areas of disability. Let's stand up and be counted, not pussy foot around! "aux armes mes citoyens" Some welcome fresh air.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds