logolong

Blepharitis

More
6 years 4 months ago #66695 by BUBBADOG14
Blepharitis was created by BUBBADOG14
Well now I have found out what the problem is with my eyes and why they are watering all the time! I have a condition called Blepharitis. Blepharitis is caused by inflammation of the eyelids and is a common condition. Blepharitis can develop at any age, and symptoms can include: itchy, sore and red eyelids that stick together, crusty or greasy eyelashes, a burning, gritty sensation in your eyes, swollen eyelid margins and abnormal eyelash growth or loss of eyelashes in severe cases. In most cases both eyes are affected, but one eye can be more affected than the other. The symptoms tend to be worse in the morning.
Many people (like myself) with blepharitis also develop dry eye syndrome, where the eyes don't produce enough tears or dry out too quickly. This can cause your eyes to feel dry, gritty and sore or in my case over produce tears so it looks like you are crying all the time and your bottom eyelid area is always damp and sore.
I've been proscribed these wipes that have a medication that is absorbed into the skin and kill the infection and will hopefully clear up the Blepharitis.
For further information on Blepharitis please follow the link:- www.nhs.uk/conditions/blepharitis/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds