logolong

Which is more harmful, alcohol or ecstasy?

More
13 years 11 months ago #30068 by stupca
my son took a E tablet to have more fun on christmas party.his hallucinations lasted for months.in dec.'04 he had the 'happy pill' and in may '05 he was admitted to psychiatric hospital and was there until nov'05.he did not leave the house or talk for over 3 years .now he is getting better and try to rebuilt his life but no words can express what he and us,the family,had to face just for few hours of 'happiness'.
if we have a glass of alcohol and few cigarettes where is the harm?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #30100 by
Why would a person use ecstasy in the first place? Is life really so horrible that you need to whack yourself into la-la land so you can cope? I prefer to just take care of problems the best I can and then accept the rest as life goes forth. As far as booze, I love a cocktail or a glass of wine, but only when shared with someone that you're enjoying. The days of being bombed were my stupid ones a long time ago. I don't miss the hangovers one bit. Heavy drugs never make life better so why travel down that path at all. I can find all sorts of things that make me feel darn good but that don't blow what few brain cells I still have and without ruining my financial security or social stability. For those who do use, are you nuts!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31945 by
Clegg wrote:

It's a proven fact that Cannabis is usually the first step on the ladder to Heroin addiction.

There all bad for you!

Blimey thats weird then Ive been smoking a bit of puff now and again for years but somehow never become addicted to heroin. maybe my ladders to short or something:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In answer to Bob above I do believe canabis helps a lot of people with chronic pain conditions, however it doesnt make my pain any better it just helps me sleep and one joint once a week I dont believe is a habbit on the other hand I smoke and that I do wish I could stop doing. i forgot to add in previous edit that I was told recently by a tobbacco kiosk attendant in tescos that it is being discussed that ciggarettes will soon be sold from under the counter and never put on display again.<br><br>Post edited by: oojimmyflip, at: 2010/11/02 17:49

More
12 years 8 months ago #37515 by jesplin
When I was in my 20s I used pot heavily for years. I am not a heroin addict and none of the people I smoked with are either. Potheads are not necessarily going to become heroin addicts.
I haven't used pot or alcohol in years. However, that is my personal choice and one I have no right to make for someone else. If I developed a health problem such as cancer I would certainly go back to smoking.
I have never used Ecstasy. I is after my generation. But I have been in clubs with people on it and have seen people pass out on the dance floor due to the temperature dis regulation thing. Not my thing.

More
11 years 9 months ago #44633 by Jana
Ecstasy was one of those experimental psychoactive drugs related to lsd and which lead to the development of SSRI's like Prozac. It had it's purpose in research but never should have hit the streets. It was legal (unregulated, actually) in the US for a while, but I never used it. I do use Prozac, however, for major depression. I suppose on some level it helps with my fibromyalgia as well. For pain I'd like to try pot, but won't risk an arrest in which case the govt. would no longer allow me to use the legal but tightly regulated opiates/opioids I use now. Not that it's easy to get them any way. Someone should open a new topic: prescription pain medication.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds