logolong

What to do when child make fun of your disability

More
10 years 4 months ago #51024 by BUBBADOG14
I agree,the children do learn a lot from their parents. They pick a lot up as they grow. Sometimes the parents don't realise the child has picked something up they have said and the child starts using it. Hands up there, I think we can all put our hands up on that one!! But there are some bad parents out there, we see some on the news and you come across some when out shopping who's bad language can be heard right across the shop telling their kids off, what do they expect, their child to become an 'A' grade student?! And some grow up to be carbon copies of their Mom's & Dad's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #51039 by rockyforyou
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

More
10 years 3 months ago #51340 by Tomrymer
Strangulation usually works very well but leads to unfortunate consequences to the strangled and more importantly the strangler so is not to be recommended!
Seriously, the development of rhinoceros skin, unless like my old school mate that's what is causing the laughter, is the best defence. Personally I'd rather have a child make fun of me in front rather than an adult snigger behind my back.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockyforyou

More
8 years 9 months ago #57974 by acetophenol

rockyforyou wrote: Hello friends,
I've some partial disability problem. My back is short then normal people of my height. I get this disability from my birth. My mother had an accident during a journey, when she she was in her 5 months with me. I can do everything a normal person can do. I've recently finished my engineering in Computer Science with honors and know I'm preparing for Entrance test for my masters. The problem is when I sit, I look short like kid sitting. Sometimes people stare at me, that's ok its normal when u see something unusual u stare. But It feels bad when adult make fun of me sometimes and It feels more bad when child laughs at me when I sit and look short. I know blaming kids is not right they are just kids, but what should I do in such situations. Sometimes I become so tense that I use to cry. I try to avoid situations that will lead to make fun of me, But I can't be able to do it all the time. Once in a while my wound is scratched. Please help me......

They are kids sir, we all had a time when we didn't knew what we were doing. Cheer bro:-)

More
8 years 9 months ago #57976 by Sandie
Adults who make fun of someone with a disabilty are ignorant best to treat them with contempt they are scum.
As for children well its the place of parents to teach children to
to respect others disabled or not

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds