logolong

Calling young people with depression in the UK

More
15 years 7 months ago #6222 by Ulla
Hi,

My name is Ulla and I work for a UK health charity that publishes the award-winning website www.youthhealthtalk.org

We are setting up a new website about young people's real life experiences of living with depression to provide support for others in a similar situation, to know that they are not alone.

I'm looking for young people, aged 16-25 from across the UK who'd like to share their experiences of depression, either through an interview or a video diary and help us set up this site to give voice to young people with depression. You can freely choose what you wish and don't wish to talk about, and if you want to share a video, audio or fully anonymised written interview with others!

If you're interested to find out more, please contact me through here or email ulla.raisanen@dphpc.ox.ac.uk or phone / text 07805828792 and I'd be more than happy to tell you more! If you at any point change your mind or decide not to take part, that's no problem at all!!

Sharing your experiences can really make a difference to others in a similar situation.

Many thanks :)

Ulla<br><br>Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2008/08/04 18:53

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #6224 by Scott_1984
Hiya,
Ulla :)

Thanks for the messages, You should just check with Karl Dean The Creator Of Ablehere.Com &amp; Who allows me to run 2 online forums on his website.

I am sure Karl Dean The Creator Of Ablehere.Com,

Would be happy for you to post your website,

In exchange for a link to his website on your websites.

www.dipex.org/DesktopDefault.aspx & www.youthhealthtalk.org

More
15 years 7 months ago #7216 by Scott_1984
Hiya Ulla :)

I am glad Karl thinks this is a Good Idea :)

I really do hope people between 16 - 25 with Mental Health will apply or help out
:)

More
15 years 7 months ago #7260 by Ulla
Thanks Scott :) Yep, Karl has been very supportive!

Yes, I do hope that young people who are in a place in their lives that they feel comfortable to talk about their experiences, will get in touch. Often learning from the experiences, challenges and successes of others can really help those in a similar situation.

And when the project is finished, I will definitely tell you all about it as I hope that it will bring support and help for many.

We already have a site about adult depression at www.dipex.org/depression but in this project I want to particularly focus on young people's experiences.

Many thanks again. I'm more than happy to tell more and there's absolutely no obligation to take part!!

best,

Ulla

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds