logolong

Agnostic/Atheist

More
7 years 2 months ago #63981 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Agnostic/Atheist
All religions have good and bad in it
People who worshiped many gods had good and bad ones think back then it depended what your class disiction was
Today there are still religions with more than one god
We can all find good or bad thinks about them same as cusomes pity we cant take all the good stuff from the diffren religions and cusomes and apply that all around the world xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #64002 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Agnostic/Atheist
I haven't been on here much lately, but I find this an interesting topic. I was baptized, confirmed and married in the Lutheran church. I still consider myself a Christian and raised my daughters as Lutherans. I do not attend services any longer. Some of it boils down to just not feeling well enough to go anywhere for an hour. Too much pain.

My eldest daughter is more of an agnostic, I believe. Searching, trying to fit in the world as a lesbian woman.

I will soon attend my first atheist wedding. My nephew, also raised Lutheran, has pretty much rejected his faith. His fiancee is an atheist, as is her family. I have to be honest, and I mean no offense to anyone, but this grieves me. I'm really torn up about it. Perhaps even angry.

In short, I'm pretty sure that I would have taken my life a long time ago had it not been for my faith in God and would hope that others could find comfort in their faith. I'm amazed at the strong, enduring people here that choose no faith at all and still manage to put one foot in front of the other each day. I couldn't do it, to be honest.

More
7 years 2 months ago #64005 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Agnostic/Atheist
Jane I also in the last 3yrs have thought about taken my life I have never thought that before because as a Christian (phraps not a good one)only God could decide when I would met him
My son was gay but it did not change who he was if family don't believe in God do not feel upset you have enough faith in your heart for them all
Hope you understand what I mean x

More
6 years 11 months ago #64732 by EdEarl
Replied by EdEarl on topic Agnostic/Atheist
I so ignorant of god(s) I must be agnostic or ignostic (see ignosticism in Wikipedia).

More
6 years 11 months ago #64733 by Tomrymer
Replied by Tomrymer on topic Agnostic/Atheist
If one chooses to believe in any of the available gods that's a personal choice unless the individual is indoctrinated from childhood and thus acquires faith. Faith is necessary only if evidence is non-existent and it's possible to have faith in anything or any god and why not if it gives comfort. What is wrong is the insistence on others believing as you believe, if others refuse your faith don't take it as a personal attack they're only responding to the prompting of their own conscience rather than pretending in order to keep the peace.

More
6 years 11 months ago #64734 by EdEarl
Replied by EdEarl on topic Agnostic/Atheist
I accept that some people need faith in a god or gods, and that's OK except when they think their beliefs should affect my life. IMO that is not because I am agnostic; I think some Hindus, Muslims, and others would be annoyed by a missionary trying to convert them to another religion or to atheism. Moreover, a secular government such as the USA that constitutionally guarantees separation of church and state has no business allowing government run schools to teach ideas of only one religion.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds