logolong

shower chairs and rust

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #61086 by Karl
shower chairs and rust was created by Karl
Are shower chairs becoming weaker thees days?

Over the last 3 years I had 3 new chairs because the wheels are going rusty and becoming dangerous.

Ten years ago shower chairs lasted about 4 years. So are the companies making them weaker to make more money?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #61096 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic shower chairs and rust
That's awful Karl! My shower chair is one of the ones with suction feet so it doesn't move. I've had mine a while now and is still going strong. But I've noticed my holiday wheelchair is rusting quicker. I'm on mark 2 now and I only had mark 1 for just over 2 years that's 4 holidays! I do think these mobility companies are skipping on quality control so they can pump out more products for a bigger profit as the population explodes. As an example look at the problems I had with my stair lift, the chap that fitted it and came out and fixed it twice said the problems where due to a 'bad batch'. Turning a blind eye to quality control!!! :huh:

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #61103 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic shower chairs and rust
They are making them weaker to get us to buy more.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #68452 by Bakagan
Replied by Bakagan on topic shower chairs and rust
thats exactly what i have...have my original from 15 yrs ago... have bought 2 new cushioned seats since then but everything else is the same... just get your attendant to help wash it clean every 6 months to a year and squirt a little wd40 in the wheel/caster joints and it'll be fine for a long time, anyway if you are still looking for a new one - i would suggest you to check the list with the top of non expensive and most comfortable shower chairs
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by police.

More
5 years 6 months ago #68457 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic shower chairs and rust
just got another shower chair yesterday. They only last about 2 years with me oops lol

More
5 years 1 month ago #69503 by Garryb10
Replied by Garryb10 on topic shower chairs and rust
need to buy if u can stainless steel ones

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds