logolong

Warning over disability living allowance shake-up

More
11 years 2 months ago #46638 by galeforce81
I've just heard today that they should be bringing back the terms 'Safely, Reliably and in a timely manner' so that also should give people some reassurance.

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip-assessment-guide.pdf
see 2.8.8

It seems like the house of Lords aren't happy with the way PIP is progressing either so hopefully there are some influential people starting to back us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #46646 by BUBBADOG14
I just wish they wouldn't mess with it, after fighting half my life to get it and being worried everytime a brown envelope comes through the door and making myself poorly.To getting it indefinatly which to me means life and getting my confidence back! The new goverment (well not so new now!) decide to change it all completely and relook at peoples claims and re-assess them and put people like me back worrying and making themselves ill! I hope we have some good backers for us who will fight our corner!

More
11 years 1 month ago #46698 by Jana
All I can really say, is that we're going through some similar things here in the US. I won't even get into the health care issue, but cutting benefits for retired and/or disabled vets is the latest thing happening under the guise of "defense spending cuts". When we hear that phrase, we're supposed to think less weapons, fewer wars, etc. But what it really means is that my brother who served his country for 20+ years and was injured on several occasions, is getting a smaller amount to live on each month. And he has to pay a higher co-pay for his medications and health care procedures. It's shameful how our vets are treated.

As for the rest of us, even being considered for disability insurance, which is part of our Social Security system, is a nightmare. One needs to have the means by which one can hire an attorney to prove your case and very nearly everyone does not get approved the first time they apply. It's like a game to them. I was turned down and was such an emotional and physical mess, I never tried again.

More
11 years 1 month ago #46729 by galeforce81
Wow. One thing i always had respect for the US about is how it treats its military. Everyone there, always seems to have so much respect and honour for those that fight for their country.
Here soldiers get kicked out of places because they're in uniform and get very little respect (unless they come home in a coffin).

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds