logolong

Disabled mistreated by USA congress

More
8 years 6 months ago #59267 by Saunter
Key word legislate it means change.
anyone from USA or that wants to even from a foreign country can email any president Obama and any congress, Bustos, Durbin Kirk. They are online.
USA congress has 3 ways it is messing up the disabled . The SSI is the office that gives out disability checks. #1. Disabled allowed by congress by LAW to have $ 2000 Limit . This number has not increased in many years. It should be that it increases when cost of living is increased. ( cola) so the limit is savings needs to increase by several years worth of cola and then needs to increase each time cola goes up. Asking for this in politico spaek is called legislate it means change and fix it. That is a key word legislate. Ok
#2 congress made a CHART of allowed living expenses for the disabled. Property taxes are not on the chart. Disabled are allowed to own a home but not allowed to have property taxes on the chart of living expenses. Needs to change and be on the chart. key word for change and fix Legislate. Ok

#3 congress made a LIST of things you may own that don't count against you. Property taxes are not in the list . This needs to change. Put property taxes on the list. Allowed to own home but property taxes are not on the list. Key word legislate. Ok

It's as if for congress property taxes don't exist although for the disabled and the rest of USA citizens they do.
I'm disabled as is my daughter I'm her caretaker. Thanks sorry so long here, saunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #59280 by BUBBADOG14
You are very well to rant! It's funny that throughout the world, USA & UK alike are mistreating it's disabled population. But when we stand up and shout as a collective these politicians seem to cover their ears and ignore our plea's. I was watching 'The Last Leg' (fantastic comedy look at the news) and two of the presenters are disabled. And they said(which I have said for a long time!) that the people who decide whether we get or get turned down for benefits are not disabled themselves (maybe a couple are but..) so they have no idea what we can and can't do which is wrong! They just go by what is written on forms that are more than likely not written by disabled people! So why aren't the people who decide are fate disabled themselves? All disability benefit departments should be run by disabled people, the decisions on whether or not somebody is entitled to disability benefits should be decided by a disabled person and the questions on the forms should be written by a disabled person!! :angry: Rant over!!

More
8 years 6 months ago #59286 by riversidemarie
I so agree. I know of only two disabled representing the diisabled in our government in Britain. Local representatives tell me to write letters but when I do, they only pay lip service to the disabled. A lot of hot air. Cameron should know better! People who are disabled, who want to, should be the judges of those who are disabled. They are at the sharp end and know what hoops that have to be jumped just to get an acknowledgement of disability and even basic help. Maybe I have been unlucky but what is offered is derisory and an insult. I know I'm not the only one. It's exhausting enough coping with disability without having to fight for the least thing and trying to retain some dignity.I am sorry to say this but some of the programmes on disability do no service for the genuinely disabled. No wonder the general population think we are feckless and lazy! Benefits? What are benefits? It took a friend to tell me about Attendance Allowance and where to apply. I had, had contact with consultants,GP, Physios, Neurology and no one had told me about it. Says it all!

More
8 years 6 months ago #59289 by Saunter
I got a phone call from SSI. That I am going to get all the money they had withheld given back to me. Also the 10% won't be taken from my check. I am pleased and I asked why . She doesn't know she said it is called waiver. Personal win!
and yet the LAW! CHART, and LIST needs to be legislated. If only I knew how. This is fun can we transfer it to a forum and how is that done?

More
8 years 6 months ago #59290 by BUBBADOG14
Sorry what do you want transferred to the forum? Sorry got a bit lost reading your post. :blush:

Saunter wrote: I got a phone call from SSI. That I am going to get all the money they had withheld given back to me. Also the 10% won't be taken from my check. I am pleased and I asked why . She doesn't know she said it is called waiver. Personal win!
and yet the LAW! CHART, and LIST needs to be legislated. If only I knew how. This is fun can we transfer it to a forum and how is that done?

More
8 years 6 months ago #59307 by Saunter
Personal win SSI is to return money to me that had been with held. Also SSI is to stop taking 10 % of my check. It is called waiver. So on a personal level. I win!
This solves my personal problem and doesn't solve the issue.
The issue that caused the problem to occur still exists. The impossible situation that caused the problem is this , and it still exist. The key word is LEGISLATE
# 1. LAW. USA congress allows disabled $ 2000 resources or saving limit. This needs to increase to follow cost of living adjustment. Each time cola goes up the resource limit should go up too. Keyword LEGISLATE
#2 CHART. USA congress allows disabled a CHART of living expenses. Disabled allowed to own their own home and yet property taxes are not in this chart. Property taxes needs to be in the living expenses chart. Unpaid property taxes results in homelessness. Keyword LEGISLATE
#3 LIST USA congress has a LIST for disabled of assets that are not counted against you re the 2000 law. (( #3). Property taxes should be on this list since disabled are allowed to own a home and unpaid property taxes results in homelessness. Key word LEGISLATE
It's as if for USA congress property taxes don't exist although for the disabled and every other citizen they do.
There are over 8 million disabled in the USA.
Whether from the USA or not an try email explaining and using keyword LEGISLATE. . Legislate means change in politician speak.
Or copy this into your email I sent mine to Obama, Bustos, Kirk and Durbin. Anyone can email them or any other that they chose. I did it's fun if you want to then try it.
Thanks for reading such a long letter.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds