• Page:

TOPIC: Hi everyone

Hi everyone 2 weeks 2 days ago #71805

• Caticus
  • Caticus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone, just joined,glad to have found a forum left I thought everything had gone to facebook now.
I’m disabled in various ways,I also use proloquo2go to get my needs/thoughts known and I’ve finally been given a new NHS wheelchair which I am really struggling with,due to nhs chairs been clunky and heavy and major weakness and numbing in my hands and arms (from peripheral neuropathy), I’m looking at saving for a power chair.

I attend a professional art studio once a week for people with intellectual disability and a day centre for people with intellectual disability w/complex needs,once a week (waiting for it to be made twice a week).
I love attending both places and they give me respite from coping with the horrible company who support me at home.

I attend a rave once every two months with a support staff and a friend (who accepts me for who I am and used to be my support staff) ,it’s a real club night at a real club for adults With intellectual disability-every other “club night” I’ve been to for us it’s just been patronising rubbish,like a school disco,they do stuff like only let us have sugar free drinks,no caffeine,chart pop music etc....

So,I’m sorry for waffling on, but I’d love to make friends,I’m open minded in all areas and don’t judge anyone.
Thankyou!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi everyone 2 weeks 2 days ago #71806

• jj~
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Well welcome to Able here.
Know your always welcomed here without question.
Search around, tons of topics and venues in here.
Enjoy them.
Always here to gab with
jj!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caticus

Last edit: by jj~.

Hi everyone 2 weeks 2 days ago #71807

Hi Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it! And please we love to hear from members on the forum so don't be shy to post on here we cover a lot of topics including hobbies like photography, art, music and pets! As JJ said feel free to chat on here or by private messaging anyone you would like to get to know. Again welcome to AbleHere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caticus

Hi everyone 2 weeks 2 days ago #71811

• Caticus
  • Caticus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

BUBBADOG14 wrote: Hi Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it! And please we love to hear from members on the forum so don't be shy to post on here we cover a lot of topics including hobbies like photography, art, music and pets! As JJ said feel free to chat on here or by private messaging anyone you would like to get to know. Again welcome to AbleHere.

Hi jj~ and BUBBADOG14! Thankyou both so much for welcoming me,it means a lot as I’ve just been treated to ableist abuse a short time ago.

I’m now de stressing,sat with my lovely beautiful boy Mr Shadow (a 4 yr old disabled moggy) the cat in my avatar is called toothless,he is more like a dog, he’s someone else’s cat who just wandered in and decided it’s his place,he uses my place for dossing in and food.

Hi everyone 2 weeks 1 day ago #71813

Nobody should have to put up with any abuse from anyone but sadly this is the world we live in today. Social media makes it easy for whom ever to post what they like about who ever. All I can say is you are safe from that on this site, if anyone says anything upsetting to you please make a note of their profile name and private message it to me with a note of what they said and I will deal with it. I have two cats both cheeky monkey's! You can see photo's of them on the pet corner part of this forum. I like how a neighbours cat has decided to move in and make it's self at home and get fed and fuss! My two wouldn't stand for that!!

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds