Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Corona Virus

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71790

• Deb61
  • Deb61's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Does anyone here have the corona virus or know somebody who does?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71795

I hope and pray everyone on here is free of this nasty virus, all I can do is reiterate what is being said if you think you have Corona Virus. Stay at home for at least 7 days from when symptoms started, stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible, sleep alone, if that is possible, wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water, stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
you do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
This was taken from the Corona Virus site on UK Government site, you can find out more by looking at www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/cor...-government-response .
Please everyone stay safe.

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71796

• Karl
  • Thank you received: 226
more people die from the common flu every day,
The media has gone over the top and making the world to go mad!
Corona is only a new version of flu.

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71799

Attachments:

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71810

So true

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71812

I couldn't find hand sanitizer at walmart,so I ordered on amazon,it's gonna take a month to arrive,unbelievable

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71814

Sadly this is due to people panic buying!! Hand sanitizer, toilet rolls and pasta are some of the main things supermarkets are out of, why would you panic buy pasta? LOL
As COVID 19 grows and spreads and becomes a pandemic for a good part of the world and we are told to self isolate, sport is cancelled and also large gatherings are cancelled (looking like the concert we had tickets to go to next month will be cancelled) we are all having to change how we live our day to day lives to stay safe and not get this nasty virus. All I can suggest is until you get your hand sanitizer wash your hands more than you used to the government have brought out a poster:-

Attachments:

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71816

• Karl
  • Thank you received: 226
Hand sanitizer doesn't actually work very well if you use it alot. Soap and warm water is the best option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14, jj~, Z Andra

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71818

That is true. So soap and water still is the best way. And to boost the immune system.

Corona Virus 3 months 3 weeks ago #71822

The British Prime Minister is doing daily briefings to the press so the Country knows what is happening and the latest is :- Stop non-essential contact and travel,Even people not showing coronavirus symptoms have been asked to cease all “non-essential contact” with others, and “all unnecessary travel”. As part of this, people are being asked to work from home where they possibly can. Members of the public are also being asked to avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other social venues.

anyone who lives in a household where someone is showing one of the two key coronavirus symptoms – a fever or persistent dry cough – should stay at home for 14 days. these measures are particularly important for shielding people over 70, pregnant women and people with health conditions from the virus.
Also people in the high risk group may be asked to self isolate for upto 12 weeks after the weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andywil1970

Corona Virus 3 months 2 weeks ago #71828

Here's the latest from the briefings around the world this time!! In the U.K eachers demand clarity over exams after closure. Schools and universities are calling for a better understanding from the government after it was announced that GSCEs and A-Levels would be cancelled this year and all children will receive the qualifications they deserve – but did not offer details of how.
Schools across the UK will close their doors tomorrow except to vulnerable pupils or children of key workers.
Some 40 London Underground stations have been shut as the capital attempts to curb the spread of coronavirus. Bus services in the city will also be reduced after Boris Johnson said the virus was spreading faster there than in other parts of the UK, when asked if the city may be placed into lockdown to combat the contagion, the prime minister refused to rule anything out.
Vodafone has said it is experiencing a 30 per cent rise in traffic across its UK fixed-line and mobile networks as more people work from home. TalkTalk also said that its daytime network traffic had risen 20 per cent since Monday,providers insist they can cope with the increased usage.

The country where Covid-19 originated has said it has gone a day without new cases being reported for the first time since the crisis started in January. China’s national health commission said on Thursday there were 34 new cases – but, crucially, all were found in recent overseas arrivals.

Donald Trump has signed a $100 billion aid package into law – which will provide for paid sick leave and free testing. The federal aid came as Mr Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau agreed to close the US-Canada border to all non-essential travel. Both countries had already issued sweeping travel bans but had maintained exemptions for each other.

Vo, near Venice, started a unique trial shortly after the start of the pandemic in Europe. It involved blanket testing the entire northern town’s 3,300 population for the virus. Those found to have it were placed under strict quarantine immediately.
Despite being at the centre of Italy’s outbreak, it has now not reported any new cases in almost a week.
The was the latest news as of upto last night as this pandemic sweeps across the world! I know this is a scary unsure time for everyone but if we all look out for each other and do what we can we will get through this. I will do my best to keep you all updated on what I know when I can on here under this post. So be safe take care of on another and everyone who is vulnerable like myself who have low immune systems, long term illnesses disabled and the elderly I hope your in self isolation!!

Corona Virus 3 months 2 weeks ago #71837

The latest daily briefing from the UK Prime Minister last night was for the closure of all pubs, restaurants.Cafes, nightclubs, bars, theatres, leisure centres and gyms are also among the venues told to shut up shop. Boris Johnson ordered the dramatic closing down of the hospitality and entertainment sectors amid fears the NHS will be overwhelmed unless the Covid-19 outbreak is checked.
The total number of deaths across Britain hit 177, Johnson said there was a "massive effort" underway to ensure the health service had the ventilators and intensive care beds to cope with the expected influx of new hospital cases.

Also the Chancellor brought in a previously unthinkable move for a Conservative government to help employers and workers financially.
The main important thing that came out of this briefing was "social distancing" measures will have to stay in place for months to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Z Andra

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.560 seconds