logolong

They're Back With Mum!

More
2 years 2 months ago #70666 by Meatballs
On Thursday we got an unexpected and right at the last minute text from Karen asking if we can look after her doggies again, as we had several times before over the years. Bobby the big jet black Labrador and his sister, Stitch, the medium brown curly Labradoodle. ‘’Babes’‘ as we call them. The Thursday, overnight into Friday and she’ll collect them Friday night as she and the 2 adults sons and their friends had all driven up to Manchester. We were about 20 miles away when hubby got the text! We decided to close our shop for the day being it was our 11th wedding anniversary and go out and treat ourselves, so he rang Karen, we went to her house, he let himself in and got the dogs and food etc., into our car and took them for a ride! Hubby got them in a huge field for an 8-mile walkie while I stayed in the car as I’m physically unable and have trouble walking. After about an hour they came back saturated, very windy and exhausted but happy!As always they hogged our bed so there was a hilarious mass brawl between the 4 of us at bedtimes, we had very little duvet while they hogged most of it,  they scoffed our meals, made a mess of the living room and the bed, burped, farted, snored and grunted loudly and caused a lot of mayhem…mostly Bobz…and he actually tried to rip my handbag apart so I had to shove it in the wardrobe quick! In bed, Stitch sat up, faced me and burped really loudly in my face, her breath was Satanic! And we wouldn’t have them any other way!Karen came to collect them at about 7:30 pm Friday night but they weren’t interested in seeing their beloved mummy again, they just wanted to mug me for my cheese and tomato sauce sandwich, with vinegar! I’d made up 2 extra slices of buttered bread so they could have 1 each, they shoved it down their throats then wanted my sarnie! NO, Bobz! NO, Stitch!But they’re really good and clean and during the night when we were sleeping, Bobz did a HUGE smelly dump/wee outside the bathroom door which was no problem as we told them the very 1st time we had them years ago that if they need to go but can’t get out, just do it by the bathroom door and we’ll clean it up as soon as we come home/wake up, they’ve remembered that and we’ve never had to pick it up anywhere else in our flat so they’re really good like that.We’ll be having them again in April and July, for a week or so of more mayhem and chaos and countless walkies! Hubby takes them during the day as Stitch doesn't like most other dogs ...she worships Bobz...and it's quite risky with dogs she doesn't know whereas Bobz just wants to play with them so I take them in the early hours just around the corner to the footie field/kids play area as there's usually nobody around and no other doggies to annoy Stitch!  
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #70668 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic They're Back With Mum!
It's great looking after a family member/ friends dog(s) but I'd have a problem of when there gone of the void in the home. I couldn't live without my 2 crazy cats, they are loving and playful, Arnie is very vocal now he never used to be. Meatballs do you find your home quiet without the 2 dogs?  

More
2 years 2 months ago #70679 by Meatballs
Replied by Meatballs on topic They're Back With Mum!
Totally, yes! We find it really quiet when the babes aren't there! There's huge exciting loud barking when we come home, kissies and huggies etc. then when they're not there it's quieter than a graveyard! 

And I know exactly what you mean about your cats! 

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds