Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Risk it for a biscuit

Risk it for a biscuit 9 years 5 months ago #30392

• wheeliecool
  • wheeliecool's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have severe muscular dystrophy and regularly use a nebuliser to help ease my breathing which is very shallow. I've never smoked anything and drink in moderation very occasionally.

Suppose I had happened to have come into possession of a joint and, despite not agreeing with recreational drug use, I were to smoke it out of curiosity as a one-off new \"bucket list\" life-experience.

Would this be a really stupid idea with a significant health risk, or just a bit of fun to fully recover from the next day?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 9 years 5 months ago #30394

Big welcome to ablehere

Have fun

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 9 years 3 months ago #30842

I dont understand why the government moved canabis from a class c to class b.
Most crime here in u/k is down to people stealing ect
to pay for there habit,and what does the government do?
virtually put the price of the stuff up by making it a class b instead of c. weird.
While im here talking drugs theres one thing that pisses me off:unsure: thats when im in the chemist
and addicts are getting there methadone at there own special wee counter for FREE.:woohoo:
i dont work becuase of a genuine illness but i dont understand how giving them one addictive drug for another helps them.
Would it not be better to legalise canabis like
the dutch ,they dont have anywhere near the drug related crime we have.
On saying that alcohol kills many many many more
people than canabis so its a weird systym that bans
one thing yet allows a much worse thing.
I mean no offence here but im only giving my opinion
:whistle:

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 9 years 3 months ago #30849

• tonypark
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Archie..I think you are spot on regarding drugs....I know its simplistic but I would legalise all drugs ..even cat. a....Advantages as follows....

1.. Once legal all drugs would be sold over the counter ( thus redusing cost and raising taxes)...

2.. Scumbag Dealers would find it difficult long term to make a healthy living...

3.. Police and Customs could be released to deal with all other crimes...With an added advantage of removing the need for expensive ( yet useless) Plastic Plod....

4.. Once legal addicts would no longer recieve DLA in any way shape or form....Its a lifestyle choice not a disability..Funds could then be released to REAL Disabled people in need...

5.. If people decide to kill themselves by taking such filth then let them....after all we turn a blind eye to smokers doing it

;) ;)

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 8 years 9 months ago #33423

Hi,
With reference to point 5-turning a blind eye to smokers, who does? Smokers constantly have it thrown in their face about what it does to them.
A lot of people have vices that could damage their health and yes, I agree on the drug issue, that's a much quicker way of killing yourself and a big drain on the NHS and benefit system as I guess smoking can be too but as someone who has lost every family member to cancer and not one was smoking related, I get a bit fed up with the smoking issue and wish a blind eye were turned sometimes.

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 8 years 9 months ago #33428

I have to tried a sneaky joint to see if it would help with my pain relief. Sadly it didn't help, But I put it down as a tried drugs on list and forgot about it. So I think you should just file it in the '99 things to do before I die'cupboard!

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 8 years 9 months ago #33452

Hi Bubbadog,
Yes, we all need a list of things to do and try lol!!
Life's too short not to try things, the trick is to try something once or twice then stop, at least you can say you tried it. Sorry to hear the joint didn't help with your pain, some people it helps, some it dosen't, tried it for my back pain but no effect on that, knocked me out like a light though lol!!

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 8 years 9 months ago #33474

• tonypark
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Im of that age where I grew up ( well....spent youth..much mis spent) through the 60s ,,.......and witnessed / saw some great things..There was a saying along the lines of If you remember the 60s you werent there....
In my case I didnt get a sniff of anything remotely mind or body changing....... even now would have no idea where to get it.....sad bugger or what ??? :blink: :ohmy:

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 8 years 9 months ago #33475

• tonypark
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
pussycat wrote:

Hi,
With reference to point 5-turning a blind eye to smokers, who does? Smokers constantly have it thrown in their face about what it does to them.
A lot of people have vices that could damage their health and yes, I agree on the drug issue, that's a much quicker way of killing yourself and a big drain on the NHS and benefit system as I guess smoking can be too but as someone who has lost every family member to cancer and not one was smoking related, I get a bit fed up with the smoking issue and wish a blind eye were turned sometimes.

Sorry to hear about your families loss to cancer.....I was speaking as a former smoker which didnt assist in my two heart attacks and subsequent quadruple heart by-pass....My choice at the time....taxpayers contribution via NHS paid for operation...... Its all about opinion,but the link between smoking and ill health is un-challengable

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 8 years 9 months ago #33477

I am with you there Tony, I lost my father-in-law to a heart attack last July and I am still coming to terms with it now as we where very close.He had only just come out of hospital having had his 1st heart attack a few days previous! He was a heavy smoker! I mean Heavy! I kept trying to quit or even just cut the amount he smoked.The annoying thing is my husband is a smoker and since his dads death he has cut down on the amount he smokes, I hope he will quit one day but it is up to him to do that.I agree the majority of money given to the NHS is for heart surgery brought on by smoking.But there are other heart conditions not brought on by smoking that it will help.I'm definately not on team smoking! I will never back people who smoke or even encourage it! I have never smoked in my life (except on this holiday to have a poof on it to find out what all the fuss was about! and I was nearly sick!!) and never will!!:)

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 8 years 8 months ago #34032

I have tryd a number of times to give up smoking i find it hard to stop but i no the dangers and it is to easy for people to point a finger at smokers but the big problem at the moment is drinking which it just as bad and causes a lot of trubal for everyone.
i have seen a lot of bad things happen as a result of drinking.

Re:Risk it for a biscuit 8 years 8 months ago #34035

There are many things that can be dangerous for our health I could spend all day listing them!:S But what I will say is pretty much everything is o.k if it is done in moderation!:) You could say everything in life is alright if you do it in moderation!!:laugh: I am not Mary Whitehouse and I am not someone who believes everything is bad for you! My husband smokes, yes I do wish he would pack it up, but I know it is his little plesure so I just say to him cut down for me, and he has now. As a compromise. moderation = compromisation;)

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds