Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

can I ask? 2 months 2 weeks ago #73212

Do you suffer from mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, etc when you are a disabled person? Can I ask for some tips on how do you manage it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

can I ask? 2 months 2 weeks ago #73226

• jj~
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Guessing totally dependent upon your Attending physicians report and the amount of paper trail you have regarding.

can I ask? 2 months 2 weeks ago #73253

You know it is hard to help when you are not qualified..
I have very bad days.
What I can say is just be kind to your self.
You get out of bed that is a fantastic achievement, you get dressed have a wash. All these things you do and still you feel bad 'But stop and think, what you have done even when all you want to do is stay in bed'
Try to live for the now, Seek help, Talk to someone even if it is on here.
You are not alone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaiGrand

can I ask? 2 months 1 week ago #73264

xander101 wrote: You know it is hard to help when you are not qualified..
I have very bad days.
What I can say is just be kind to your self.
You get out of bed that is a fantastic achievement, you get dressed have a wash. All these things you do and still you feel bad 'But stop and think, what you have done even when all you want to do is stay in bed'
Try to live for the now, Seek help, Talk to someone even if it is on here.
You are not alone.

There are so many things my heart wants to say to you, all of which can be summed up in just three words – thanks for everything.

can I ask? 2 months 1 week ago #73294

I guess I'm having pandemic fatigue or loneliness or maybe depression. Nonetheless, it's awful but I'm trying to cope. Just want to share an article I just read on Topuniversities about Corona and loneliness. www.topuniversities.com/student-info/hea...oneliness-university Check it out when you get the chance.

Last edit: by KaiGrand.

can I ask? 2 months 1 week ago #73295

Do not think they like links on this forum but I found the article so if members want to read it just copy ... Top universities about Corona and loneliness .. into google and it will find it.
It says "male students tend to engage less in self-disclosure"
This is the case and I suppose it will always be..
I have a friend his son is having trouble and I mean he is having problems with morality he is skewed..So finally got him to see a Dr & they have referred him to a psychiatrist..but he has to wait 8 months.
I have no Idea how long universities have psychologists waiting lists are.
Most people found that the idea of not meeting people made their depression worse..It is strange as I do not like meeting people but now i'm told it is not safe, I am thinking I miss people.
Pandemic fatigue is the word they are using for people who are suffering depression of all the self isolation. but it is a good way to describe it
I read another article that gives 5 tips for handling pandemic fatigue on uchealth org I is useful to read.
I have been taught how to take time to breath and meditate but I must say it does not work for me. what I find helps is loading some mood blasting tunes put on my headphones and go with it.. has a good way of blocking random thoughts/voices that drift in to your ,head/around you, when it is silent.

KaiGrand I was wondering was you suffering from loneliness before the pandemic it the UK....?

Sorry if it is hared to read my posts but most of the time I struggle to keep my thoughts liner.

can I ask? 2 months 1 week ago #73312

Can help you ok.

can I ask? 2 months 4 days ago #73342

Hi. I always find deep breaths helpful in stressful situations.

If I may ask, he has to wait 8 months for the appointment?

can I ask? 2 months 4 days ago #73346

A lot of appointments are back logged due to Covid 19, some of my appointments where put back a couple of months.

can I ask? 2 months 3 days ago #73359

That's a total bummer, and now there's another set of lockdowns.

can I ask? 2 months 1 day ago #73406

How are you all doing? I hope you had a great new year celebration. The lockdowns are for the new strain of the virus. I hope it wouldn't take the whole 2021 to contain this.

can I ask? 2 months 19 hours ago #73407

It's too early to say but let's just all hope for the best. Let's pray for the people who are deciding our fate.

• Page:
Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds