TOPIC: Showing photos on social media

Showing photos on social media 1 month 1 week ago #71715

• Liz81
  • Liz81's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey,

Doesn't anyone else feel uncomfortable about joining online groups like facebook groups when they have a profile photo of themselves in wheelchairs? I know no one should be ashamed but a lot of people go online to look for trouble, preying on children, women and I think even people with disabilities that are visual like those in wheelchairs. Anyone ever worried about showing themselves to the world, even predators online as people in wheelchairs? People in wheelchairs or physical disabilities can be pretty vulnerable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Showing photos on social media 1 month 1 week ago #71716

You shouldn't be afraid to show photo's on Social Media sites like Facebook, you should be proud to be who you are and to show photo's of yourself. I show photo's of myself happy and smiling in my wheelchair! I believe trolls feed off people's fear and negativity, so if you go and post something about NOT being self confident then they will feed off that and put something nasty on there. Trolls are online bullies!! Like your school ground bully if you show your not confident then the trolls will post nasty things and try and intimidate you online. I show photo's of myself and post about my health and medical problems all the time. I admit sometimes when I'm down some of my posts are negative but on a whole they are positive. I'm not embarrassed about being in a wheelchair or being disabled, hell I get a lot of perks!! Fast tracking through airports, great seats at concerts! Be positive about who you are, be proud! So what you're in a wheelchair but your still you!!
Attachments:

Showing photos on social media 1 month 1 week ago #71719

Show whatever pictures you want,if you think someone is stalking you,then block that person.

Once there blocked they can't access your facebook page in any way at all,you are invisible to them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

• Page:
Moderators: donna35
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds