Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting to learn about living with sight impairment

Starting to learn about living with sight impairment 2 weeks 1 day ago #71701

Since seeing the Ophthalmologist we have had to change our light bulbs to a brighter 'daylight' light so I can see better, it has made a huge difference, I've changed the font to a larger font on my laptop and phone also helped!! The sight Occupational therapist came over to my home yesterday and has given me a gadget to help me with making drinks and it bleeps when the drink level has been reached so I don't over fill. And we discussed things like talking books and newspapers to help me get back to what I used to enjoy, also joining sight loss groups so I can talk to others who are going through what I'm going through. She also has got me signed up as legally sight impaired which means I get free directory inquiry calls!! She has shown me a few other gadgets I can get to help me around the home and outside so I have ordered one item and need to look at a couple of others. So over all I'm getting used to being visually impaired but it's been a shock. I'm hoping in the long run I will be able to help others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds