Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Extremely weak - Need assistance opening jars etc. 2 months 1 week ago #73318

• DK2020
  • DK2020's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
This is for my wife. I'm often away and the times I'm away my wife has some serious issues opening jars and liquid containers. She's very weak when it comes to opening things and am desperately looking for something that can make her day a little easier and less frustrating.

Basically something totally automatic that requires very little effort on her part. I've found at least one potential appliance but it has mixed reviews.

It's called the "Black & Decker JW400 Lids Off Open-It-All Center" (refraining from posting link as not sure how that's viewed.)

Anyone have any experience with this? Or perhaps some alternatives or recommendations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Extremely weak - Need assistance opening jars etc. 2 months 6 days ago #73322

• jj~
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 42
They work great, the elder or those in need they are a super gadget.
Any size lid
jj~

Extremely weak - Need assistance opening jars etc. 2 months 5 days ago #73328

Have you tried looking on Amazon, they are good disability aids.

Extremely weak - Need assistance opening jars etc. 2 months 3 days ago #73361

DK2020, I don't know if they would be helpful to your wife or not, but there are simple and cheap rubber gadgets that fit over the lids of jars and allow people with not much strength to get a better grip and turn the lids more easily, you could probably find them on ebay!?
When I was a kid, we had a simple metal gadget that was sort of like a big nutcracker that was for opening jars, it was a bit dodgy but these days they are probably better!?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds