logolong

Daily weather report

More
11 years 6 months ago #45901 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: Daily weather report
Thanks, Bubba. We're fine. I live in western Wisconsin. The eastern part of the state, about 250 miles away, on Lake Michigan had some wave, wind and flood warnings. There was no major damage that I'm aware of. Some flooding in Milwaukee. And some odd rain-snow mix on the shorelines. On Tuesday it was bright and sunny here but very, very windy and much colder.

Today is cloudy and about 44 degrees F at 1:00 p.m. Pretty normal.

If I have to go through bad weather, I'd much rather have a good old midwestern tornado. It's there in a matter of seconds and over with in the same. Sitting and waiting days for a hurricane is just too stressful!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #45902 by Jana
Oh, one more thing with the weather...anyone here with chronic pain have an increase (or decrease) in pain with the weather? My fibromyalgia was absolutely through the roof just before hurricane Sandy made land fall and that was at least 1000 miles away. Once it was over land I was a bit better. Even my strongest meds were not working and I almost had hubby take me to the doc for a dilaudid injection.

I've had this kind of thing happen with major storms before. Last winter we had 2 major blizzards with thunder and lightning. They came close together over a period of about 2 weeks, lasting several days each and, again, I was in unbelievable pain. Nothing seemed to help. I spent a lot of time in hot baths or on a heating pad taking many pills! :angry:

More
11 years 5 months ago #45918 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: Daily weather report
Firstly glad you missed the hurricane, secondly I suffer with change in weather pressure with my Arthritis. At the moment it's really damp and cold and is causing major pain in my joints.

As for the weather today here in Redditch it's cold with intermediate showers. It's around 4oc and feeling it! Little Amanda is in hibernation mode! :(

More
11 years 5 months ago #45962 by Jana
First Snowfall! I'm not sure it's cold enough to last but it is pretty. I think we have about an inch.

More
11 years 5 months ago #45974 by BUBBADOG14
I hope we don't have any snow for as long as possible! I hate the stuff! It's blue skies but cold here in Redditch just gonna sit here in the warmth of my house and watch everyone freeze!! :evil:

More
11 years 5 months ago #46007 by BUBBADOG14
Here in Redditch,Worcestershire,UK it is Raining,Raining.Raining & to top that off it is Freezing,Freezing,Freezing!! :dry:

More
11 years 5 months ago #46117 by Jana
Not much to say about Wisconsin now, except it's cold, snowing and extremely windy. It is beautiful, but I'm glad I'm inside!

More
11 years 5 months ago #46141 by BUBBADOG14
What can I say about the weather?.......Rain, rain, rain! Cold,Cold,Cold! And alot of flooding! :(

More
11 years 5 months ago #46142 by Jana
It's a bright, sunny day, but cold, about 12 degrees F in Eau Claire. I slipped into a robe and sandals to take the mail out to the box by the road and decided an actual pair of shoes, or perhaps boots, might have been a better choice. :ohmy:

More
11 years 5 months ago #46159 by BUBBADOG14
Well the frosty mornings have started here in little Redditch! Which means Winter is well and truely making it's enterence! It is only 4oc and it's 10am so pretty cold again today luckily I have no plans except to stay indoors!! ;)

More
11 years 5 months ago #46222 by Jana
Freezing rain and fog in central Wisconsin today. Temperature juat at freezing. Gloomy, blah...

More
11 years 4 months ago #46231 by BUBBADOG14
Another Cold wet day here in the Midlands, temp only just 7oc, going to stay in doors today wrapped in my furry throw! Snug as a bug in a rug!! ;)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds