logolong

Revision of English Free Bus Pass Rules

More
15 years 1 month ago #20727 by bouncer99tqy
I hope those interested will have noted the changes made to the Disabled English Free Bus Pass Rules. I hope you will go to the Transport Department Website to view changes.

In my area, Torbay, it has always been made clear that the scheme is for Stagecarrage Services (Bus stop Type) and not National Express Coaches. or Rail Replacement Services.

I Regularly use my Invacare Mirage Chair on the Buses and have arrangements in hand to use Network Rail.

If you are newly disabled Please talk to your Local Authority to find out about correct usage. Advise the of your Scooter/Chair Type and what your Prime needs are.

I have good working relationship with ALL transpot authorities in my area. AND PEOPLE ARE SO KIND IF YOU ARE POLITE AND KIND IN RETURN.

(Some Bus Drivers are very scared of disability (not many) give them encouragement and advise them to radio their control point. You will be suprised how helpful people can be! Just try to understand either side.

I do hope this note is helpful.

May I suggest you get insured for Public Liability if you use Electric Vehicles - (scooters, Indoor outdoor Chairs, etc. It need not be too costly.<br><br>Post edited by: bouncer99tqy, at: 2009/03/29 18:42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #20747 by ducky
I also live in devon.. my city had a disabled scheme where you rang up to aranged a date and time for the disabled bus.. the transport came to your house..if you needed a person to help you they where picked up as well or you could go on your own.. they took you and the other passangers to the city center.. you where giving 2 or 3hrs to do what you needed to do ( not sure exactly how long ) then you all meet in one place at a certain time and got droped back to your front door..this is just a rough draft of the scheme ..I am not sure if it is still going

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds