logolong

May I have a little moan please?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26280 by
I don't know if this is the place or even if it is permitted to have a little moan, and I know it is only cyber stuff but I'm being bullied again by someone on a different forum.

Nothing to do with disability apart from the fact that this troll thinks he knows all about batteries and chargers for mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs and power chairs, and insists that regular car and motorcycle or motor scooter batteries will be OK and are a lot cheaper.

And now he's having yet another go at me because of my religion and where I live.

It's coming up to 1.45am here and I'm too upset to sleep, and I don't know whether it was right for me to post this here.

But who else is there I can talk to?

Sorry if this post was wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26287 by
Gandra wrote:

I don't know if this is the place or even if it is permitted to have a little moan, and I know it is only cyber stuff but I'm being bullied again by someone on a different forum.

Nothing to do with disability apart from the fact that this troll thinks he knows all about batteries and chargers for mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs and power chairs, and insists that regular car and motorcycle or motor scooter batteries will be OK and are a lot cheaper.

And now he's having yet another go at me because of my religion and where I live.

It's coming up to 1.45am here and I'm too upset to sleep, and I don't know whether it was right for me to post this here.

But who else is there I can talk to?

Sorry if this post was wrong.

Your never in the wrong place when some idiot is a bully to you Gandra.....Just ignore the pathetic individual ....people like that cant operate in a vacuum xxxx ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26295 by
Tony, it's very easy to say ignore him, but it's on a public messageboard and he appears on every thread on one of the boards, usually making comments about \"Jewish food\" or \"ask Gandra, she's the expert on Jewish stuff\".

And I mostly ignore him. But when someone else asked a question about batteries and chargers for an electric wheelchair on a chat thread on that particular board and I answered, correctly, this idiot promptly jumped in and posted a link to motorcycle and motor scooter batteries, and refused to accept that I know more about mobility equipment than he could ever dream of.

I then got the usual \"no wonder the Palestinians hate you if that is how you talk to them\" garbage.

Tony, I lost my special \"friend\" during the Lebanon war, while people on a different board on the same messageboards, were cursing my Country.

And while I was sitting here with Grad Katyushot landing within half a kilometre of me, they all kept on about how evil my Country was.

To say nothing of all the foodies going on about boycotting Israeli produce \"I wouldn't soil my hands touching the filthy stuff\" while they knew I was in the middle of a war zone - it hurts, Tony, it hurts.

And now I'm scared that perhaps someone on this site, even though it's a private site, will start on me because I'm an Orthodox Jew [which is why I don't normally post on Shabbat] and because I live in Israel.

What will I do then? I'll just have to leave here, won't I.

Why can't people just accept that I am who I am and what I am, and that I live where I live?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26310 by
It sounds to me as if you need friends ...... Well,Gandra, you have several on here and I can assure you that we dont tend to sit back and allow our friends to be attacked on such grounds as religion.....location......or what side of bed you get out of...The bigots who do such things will be kicked in the proverbial balls.....
Treat me as your personal bodyguard.....I would like to know the site which allows such abuse xxxx ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26326 by
Forgive me please for trying to explain. It's a bit of a long story but might explain who and what I am, and where I am coming from on this subject.

I had never seen a computer, let alone used one, until I bought my very first one in early March 2005. The son-in-law of ex South African friends of mine is a computer guru, and he built it for me.

I didn't even know how to switch the thing on.

The first thing I did, after learning how to send emails, was to try to find a disability group. And I found one. After a lot of more and more inquisitive questions, someone said Oh, so why is disability treatment so much better for Jews in Israel than for the Palestinians.

What I did not know then was that the group, a private group, showed not my full email address, but my first name and the name of my email provider.

Incidentally, I am using my legitimate yahoo address for this site - the other email address is my private address, which I am willing to give to the owners of this site should they request it.

So this clever dick said oh, blank.net, that's an Israeli address. Well of course it is, because at that time it was the only Israeli telephone company in Israel.

Anyhow, I was verbally abused on the site, and had very nasty emails sent as somehow they managed to get my full email address. This was stopped by my ISP.

I then tried a public messageboard, not the one I'm currently complaining about, tried to hide the fact that I live in Israel and that I'm a Jew, until someone twigged that I didn't post on Shabbatot or Chagim [Shabbatot is the plural of Shabbat, the Sabbath, and Chagim is the pluran of Chag, Festival/Holy Day].

And I got shot down in pieces by various people on that set of boards.

So then I was told about the messageboards on which I've been posting since then. Busy boards. Many different separate boards.

And what has happened? Same old, same old. But I refuse to leave those boards, because I have to stand up [ok, so sit up in my wheelchair] and fight for the right to be me, and the right to post as a Jew and an Israeli.

I'm a chair user. So what. I had an accident and slipped on an icecream wrapper and fell down a flight of stone stairs. So what. I broke my back and neck. So what. I can just about cope with a few minutes on my feet using my forearm crutches for the times I need to stand to prepare and cook food, and if I can bear to wear my leg braces, one of which comes up to and around my waist, then I can stand for a few minutes longer, only those calipers hurt, believe me they hurt.

But the point is that I am me. I am still the same person inside this mostly useless body, and thanks to learning shorthand and touch typing before I went to university, I am able to cope with scribbling the odd note and coping with the keyboard.

Shorthand is OK as I can still read that whereas I can't really read my longhand these days, as I can't really hold a pen properly.

When I applied to join this site I said I was a chair user and agoraphobic. Why the latter? Because on 14 May 2008 I had an appointment at my audiologist about my new hearing aid [neither aids nor batteries are free here] and after that an appointment with my orthopod.

Only I wasn't well and phoned that morning to cancel. And that late afternoon I heard an explosion and my little concrete bungalow shook. And I knew, oh I knew, that it was a building that had been hit and not just another one landing in an open space.

And I should have been there, because the Grad Katyusha hit the roof and shattered all the Health clinics on the top floor of the shopping mall.

I should have been there Tony.

And now I can never go there again. I can't go into town. I can maybe go to the big shopping centre up the road maybe once a year, if that.

Even going more than 100 metres from my home is difficult for me now.

I should have been here, on Wednesday 14 May 2008

www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/126171

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26327 by
<br><br>Post edited by: Gandra, at: 2009/07/18 22:29

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds