logolong

DO NOT ATTACK OUR NHS, AMERICA & 1 TORY MEP

More
14 years 8 months ago #27525 by Scott_1984
WITHOUT THE UK FREE NHS,

\"I COULD HAVE NOT AFFORDED THE TYLEX PAIN DRUGS THAT I AM ON & HAVE BEEN ON SINCE: 13-10-2002 & I COULD HAVE NOT AFFORED MY NEW EXTRA PAIN DRUGS & PAIN PATCHES I WAS PUT ON THIS YEAR IN APRIL 2009,

NOR COULD HAVE I AFFORED THE STELLATE GANGLION BLOCK I HAD UNDER THE NHS ON: SATURDAY 09TH OF MAY 2009 (09-05-2009)\"

\"AND WITHOUT THE UK FREE NHS, I WOULD HAVE NOT GOT A PROPER DIAGNOISE FOR MY SERIOUS & COMPLEX LEFT HAND/WRIST DISABILITY KNOWN AS: MID CARPAL INSTABILITY (MCI)PALMAR MIDCARPAL INSTABILTY (PMCI) THAT WAS CAUSED BT AN ACCIDENT/INJURY I SUFFERED WHILE WORKING FOR MARKS AND SPENCER PLC IN WAREHOUSE/STORE-SERVICES ON: 13-10-2002 & THEREFOR I WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD TO UNDER GO 3 WRIST OPERATIONS I'VE HAD TO TRY TO STABALIZE MY LEFT HAND/WRIST INSTABILITY & TO CONTROL SOME OF THE PAIN & DISCOMFORT IN MY LEFT HAND/WRIST\"

\"I ALSO WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD MY ANTIDEPRESSANTS CIPRALEX ESCITAOLPRAM WHICH I HAVE BEEN ON SINCE: THURSDAY 03RD OF APRIL 2003 (03-04-2003) & HAVE KEPT ME ALIVE\"

\"ALTHOUGH COUNSELLING & THE MENTAL HEALTH NEED A LOT MORE FUNDING WITHIN THE UK FREE NHS & I KNOW THE LABOUR PARTY WILL PUT MORE FUNDING IN THE UK NSH FOR MENTAL HEALTH ILLNESSES, SERVICES, TRAINING, STAFF, CONSULTANTS, DOCTORS, NURES, COUNSELLING\"

\"THE UK FREE NHS IS AMAZING\"

\"YES WE CAN IMPROVE THE FREE NHS & ADD MORE FUNDING & TRAINING FOR STAFF, ESPECIALLY IN MENTAL HEALTH\"

\"THE UK FREE NHS IS AMAZING\"

labourparty.multiply.com/journal/item/9

Browns join Twitter war over NHS: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8199615.stm

On Wednesday evening a message was posted on it from the Downing Street Twitter feed, saying: \"PM: NHS often makes the difference between pain and comfort, despair and hope, life and death. Thanks for always being there\".

Gordon and Sarah Brown have joined a Twitter campaign to defend the NHS, which is under fire in the US.

Professor Stephen Hawking has also hit back at claims in American newspaper that NHS rationing would mean he \"wouldn't have a chance in the UK\", saying on a visit to Washington to collect an award: \"I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS\".

Many of the tweets in support of the NHS are from members of the public saying they owe their families' or their own lives to its care.

The Twitter campaign has attracted more than a million followers and thousands of messages of support - including tweets from Sarah Brown, who wrote welovetheNHS \"more than words can say\", Health Secretary Andy Burnham and former deputy prime minister John Prescott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #29289 by remembergoliad
I guess I'm dense. Y'all's doctors work for FREE? Wow... How do they eat? Where do they sleep? I'm puzzled.....

More
14 years 4 months ago #29290 by Scott_1984
remembergoliad wrote:

I guess I'm dense. Y'all's doctors work for FREE? Wow... How do they eat? Where do they sleep? I'm puzzled.....

The NHS Staff Get Paid By NI Contributions, That people pay when they earn over five thousand pounds a year.

&

Most Doctors/Consultants/Nurses/Physiotherapists, May also work privately, In Private Practices.

More
14 years 4 months ago #29292 by remembergoliad
Scott_1984 wrote:

The NHS Staff Get Paid By NI Contributions, That people pay when they earn over five thousand pounds a year.

&

Most Doctors/Consultants/Nurses/Physiotherapists, May also work privately, In Private Practices.[/quote]

Ah, so it is a means-based program? My apologies for being so uneducated about your system. You say contributions. Is that a euphemism for a tax being levied against people with incomes >5k pounds? I am genuinely interested in learning, as it appears that our system is in the throes of being overhauled here, and people are comparing the contemplated changes to your system.

Thank you for your patience with my apparent ignorance, which I'm endeavoring to banish.

Bill

More
14 years 4 months ago #29295 by Scott_1984
No Troubles :)

We all like debate, Believe Me if Your President is brave enough to use an NHS in America,

It'll mean no ones ever left behind & without treatments, tablets, etc.

NI Contributions = National Insurance Contributions - www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/nic.htm

Anyone who works in The Uk & Some on certain benefits, Have to pay NI Contributions, But were not normally charged for the first five thousand pounds we earn in a year & After five thousand pounds, That's when The NI Contributions are taken & Put into all kinds of Uk Services, Just some goes into The NHS.

But The Uk Government, Always have to put extra money/monies from else were into The NHS anyways.

The NHS Covers those who work or study or on benefits, etc, As long as they are Uk Citzen, Even we cover Non-Uk Citzens, But might apply to charge there country/countries in the near future for any costs.<br><br>Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2009/12/13 14:47

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds