logolong

your status

More
10 years 10 months ago #47619 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: your status
Finally, I'm starting to feel a bit more normal with my new medication program. I'm dealing with some insomnia, but that is not unusual for me. I'm trying non-medication methods of lulling myself to sleep. (Lavender oil on a cotton ball under the pillow does work!)

Tomorrow is a big day, lots on my mind. Finally the carpeting guy is coming to lay carpet in our bedrooms and hallway over a 3 day period. Great of him to schedule it like that for us as our space is limited and clearing all the rooms at once would be nearly impossible. Will be glad when the weekend gets here. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #47621 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: your status
I use lavender a lot, it does help you relax and usually put droplets of lavender oil on the pillow (not the pillow case). We have lavender plants in our garden so now can cut a sprig off and put the flowers in a bag and put it in my pillow case which I plan to try! I still suffer with waking up in the night due to when I have slept on one side for too long and it sets my hips off so I end up awake in the middle of the night! All I can say is thank goodness for kindles!! Glad things are slowly getting better Jana.

More
10 years 10 months ago #47746 by Jana
Well, maybe I spoke too soon. Now I have developed hip and leg pain (aching) on both sides, worse in the morning, better once I get up but it never goes away even with medication. Osteoarthritis is what I'm finding on the internet. I just had a doctor appointment not long ago, but I suppose I should get a recheck. Maybe he'll order an MRI or X-ray or something. Before I had back surgery #1 in 2003, they found some degeneration of my left hip but I had no symptoms at that point. God, I hate this with every fiber of my being, I hate fibromyalgia and all the "goodies" that come with it.

I told my husband today that I want to go out an target shoot next weekend. I can't hold a shotgun as tightly as I used to, but I can put padding on my shoulder to avoid a massive bruise from the kickback. I just need to go shoot something. I guess I need to show myself that I can do something physical even if I'm in pain.

Meanwhile I'm knitting. Yup, shooting, knitting and I can bake bread, too! Just a regular midwestern girl! LOL :silly:

More
10 years 9 months ago #47760 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: your status
I find screaming at someone (Usually my cats when they are naughty!) helps or smashing something usually a plate! It gets the tension out. I hope you sort out an MRI scan with your GP so you can find out what is causing the pain and get some new pain relief medication that will help you. Take care.

More
10 years 9 months ago #48100 by Jana
Now I feel like the bottom is falling out. I'm flaring, my allergies are acting up and I'm still dealing with insomnia. I've had it! :angry:

More
10 years 6 months ago #49871 by Jana
Well, the insomnia is way better. I generally wake up once to use the bathroom but get right back to sleep after. I've had to start tapering off of my pain meds (hydrococone/Vicodin) altogether. It seems I've developed a problem with opiates in that they start making my pain worse as did the oxycodone/Percocet I was on before, and seem to be what is aggrevating my insomnia. So, I'm tapering off my pain meds, hurt like hell from withdrawals and fibro (can't really tell this early which pain is which, but it feels more withdrawal related)

At this point I really don't have a plan B for pain control, but it may be more "alternative". Foot massages seem to alleviate the pain in my body as a whole. Of course, I would find things that help that will NOT be covered by health insurance. I'm trying to get a service dog but there is a waiting list that goes on forever for people in chronic pain. I could contact a breeder and see what this costs privately, but I'm pretty sure a house painter's income won't cover it. lol. Petting a dog (I'm allergic to cats) is about the most relaxing thing I can do, next is some sort of needle work or knitting.

Also, PROUD MAMA ALERT! My oldest daughter, Jess, is getting ready to graduate with a bachelor's degree in both sociology and anthropology. She is taking her GRE's to get into graduate school and is hoping to work for the government in the future after having had an internship at a veteran's hospital this summer. I'm so proud of how hard she has worked and with little help from us. I could just burst I'm so happy!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds