logolong

wheelchair accessible taxis

More
7 years 1 month ago #64372 by BUBBADOG14
I was watching 'Inside out' last night a local news programme and they brought up the fact that local taxi's and black cabs are not allowing disabled people to use them even though they have ramps. And I thought of what happened to you so decided to watch. And this lady had a hidden camera on her to show what's happening. And 4/5 taxi's she tried to use told her she couldn't use them and gave lame excuses like her wheelchair was to high so she wouldn't fit or they didn't have the ramps with them or one taxi dead flat refused to take her and got another fare on board before she had a chance to say why!! It really was shocking to watch even my husband said 'that is disability discrimination!'. And when she got to bars for her night out she came across steps into bars and inside bars and her friends had to carry her in to the bar and up the steps! What is this world coming to?! I thought the laws made it clear that all public places and transport had to be disability friendly looks like some people didn't get the memo!! :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #64373 by flynna3162581
NOT all laws are for disability friendly places...... and NOT all public places have to be disability friendly

listed buildings are exempt from making changes i only know this as i live in one of the oldest towns in britain and the bank that i went went with said as it was a grade one listed building they could not make any changes to the building so bubba i do not know were you are getting your information from to say "all laws" but you are wrong

More
7 years 1 month ago #64386 by BUBBADOG14
Ah but Flynn they can have removable ramps, my husband was asked to make a removable ramp for a listed building a few years ago. Ramps can be removable not just permanent. Don't you agree that disabled people have the rights to go shopping or to a restaurant or bar? All it takes is a ramp metal all wooden.
To be honest in one restaurant I went to they had fitted a disabled lift it was the coolest thing I had ever seen!! B)

More
7 years 1 month ago #64396 by flynna3162581
bubba not being funny but being disabled isnt the be all and end all of life... which most on this group are making it out to be

More
7 years 1 month ago #64405 by BUBBADOG14
I agree Flynn, there is more to life than our disabilities. I still can enjoy myself and I don't let my disability get in the way of my life, if I want to do something but normally would be a no go for someone disabled I try and find a way that I could do it. Never think 'I can't do that' think 'Is there a way I can do that' and enjoy your life!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds