logolong

Special Olympics summer 2018 State competition...

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #68025 by Dusty1
Springfield, Mo. -- Across the world people are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Special Olympics.

Today kicks off our local games on Missouri State's campus.

Missouri State's campus will be filled with more than 1,000 athletes and coaches from around Missouri competing for the next three days in the Special Olympics Missouri State Summer Games.

The competition will start off with more than 60 law enforcement officers participating in a torch run

It begins at three o'clock at First and Calvary Presbyterian Church on Cherry Street, it will go through downtown, before ending on the Missouri State Campus.
There's multiple athletes are competing in sports like track and field, power lifting, aquatics and volleyball.
After this weekend a handful of athletes will be moving onto the national competition.
"In about a month from now, we have about 20 athletes who are competing this weekend will be going to the National Competition, Brandon Schatsiek, with Special Olympics Missouri, said. "The USA games in Seattle we have 101 delegates that are going that's coaches and athletes together and basically this is their last chance to train in swimming, power-lifting, track and field, before the national competition."
www.ky3.com/content/news/Athletes-compete-in--484258151.html

My son is competing, I received a text that he has taken two golds so far, so I think he will advance on..
I am proud of him either way..
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Dusty1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds