logolong

Should aspects of Sharia law be used in the UK?

More
15 years 9 months ago #5219 by Scott_1984
I say British Law quite fair,

But all Laws are open to errors/mistakes, But at least you have the right to appeal a court verdict or tribunal hearing, & so on.

Laws should never be based on Religion.

If people find our laws unfair & so on,

& they want Sharia Law, they should go to a country that use it.

Sharia Law is based Religious veiws/opinions, & that's not what Law/Rules should be based on,

As many people have different Religions & Interperate the readings or meanings of Religious Books in different ways.

Most wars are caused on Religions or what people think is the perfect race.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #5243 by ducky
A lot of religions have moved with the times... the muslim one has not... Thankfully there are many moderate muslims that are trying to say this is not what the Koran is about..... We christians in the name of god..done some dreadfull things in the past...we have have moved on.. ppl can pray the way.they want to... but the law of the land should apply to all pppl in Briton regardless of race,creed, gender or colour.. every day you wake up and find another law has been drafted to appeases the groups above ... all who live in the uk should be classed as equale...get rid of the politcal correct rubbish and putting ppl in to diffrent boxs.. then maybe we will all pull as one nation :dry:

More
15 years 9 months ago #5564 by robert
And yet we have had Jewish law here for a long time, or mediation call it what you like, the problem with Shira law it see's people in different state, women are less equal then men, people have left a country to get out of the shira law, Muslims are saying no especially women so I say nope use the law of the land.:evil:

More
15 years 9 months ago #5568 by TheLadyMagenta
I have been in refuges with women from different cultures and the relief they gain purely from the freedom is amazing. They still respect their basic beliefs but english law allows them to be their own person? Also the new talk of allowing Sharia banking in this country will put us in debt or under a hold of this type off extremism if we are not carefull. Our law is flawed i agree and everyone should be allowed their own beliefs but it,s England and our laws as in USA should include everyone? Please be aware i have a large mixed race family and am in no way racist but my family agree with this.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds