logolong

More funds for talking therapies:

More
16 years 7 months ago #665 by Scott_1984
The government is to spend millions more on \"talking treatments\" for depression and anxiety in England.

Health Secretary Alan Johnson said by 2010, £170m a year would be spent - allowing 900,000 more people to be treated using psychological therapies: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7037400.stm

Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2007/11/21 00:33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #766 by suzan
sso, at long last some money is being put into the therapeutic model of care and treatmment..it sounds like a lot of money, but just starts to scratch the surface of wot is needed.

.....and will it be part of the post-code lottery,?
.....will your local health authority allow you to access this?
.....and wot happens when the money runs out????
.....will people have their therapy stopped prematurely?.
.....will the length of therapy be predetermined,rtc etc etc

xx suzan xx B)

More
16 years 7 months ago #768 by Mystery-Man
Understanding talking treatments

Sorry about that folks. I think Suzan was right. This article may very well be copyright protected, and by putting it here I am infringing on their rights. For that, I apologize to y'all.
For further information, please visit:
www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Und...lking+treatments.htm

Or you may type in \"Talking Therapy\" or \"Talking Treatments\" in your search engine, such as Google or Yahoo.
Thanks for your understanding.
Super Psycho Demon<br><br>Post edited by: DAEMONICUSMEDICUS, at: 2007/10/17 20:09

More
16 years 7 months ago #777 by suzan
:cheer: this is an excellent article and provides an excellentt link into the MIND web site :cheer:

:) I wonder where i can update my counselling and therapy skills.
;) ..if i could do it online or close tto my home.....maybe in the ffuture, i could be part of this therapeutic community that the government is going to introduce...:)

xx suzan xx

More
16 years 7 months ago #778 by Mystery-Man
Even if you cannot find an institution close to your home, you may still wish to pursue your interest via the Internet and emails. Here is one example that I found:

Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (DCP)
by distance learning

www.kadmon-academy.org.uk/dcp.htm

I don't know anything about this particular school, therefore I cannot endorse it myself. However, I think it might worth your while to take a look. You may also wish to do a bit more research on the Internet before you make your decision.
I wish you luck!

More
16 years 7 months ago #824 by Scott_1984
Therapy on the NHS? What a crazy waste of £600 million!: www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/...1774&in_a_source

Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2007/11/21 00:32

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds