logolong

Autistic client talking to staff member

More
1 year 10 months ago #71154 by antonio7
A guy whom I know at a program in which I work for people with disabilities. He talks to one of the staff members (a young woman) he likes. He has high functioning autism. Everytime he sees her, he talks to her. He sometimes goes to group with her. Even when he leaves his group, he again talks to her. Why is that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #71156 by jj~
Bond of true friendship and trust Possibly.

More
1 year 10 months ago #71157 by antonio7
Why is that he is upset at me when I don’t let him leave the group?

More
1 year 10 months ago #71158 by BUBBADOG14
Why don't you try talking or texting  him and ask him?  

More
1 year 10 months ago #71167 by jj~
Listen to your tone we all have harsh tones, calm normal tones...Your tone might be too much authoritarian in your tone with him. Just a suggestion.

More
1 year 10 months ago #71175 by Andywil1970
Autistic traits are that if he wants to leave your group to talk to the girl then nothing else will be important he will not give anything you say any value as the only thing he wants do do you are trying to stop him doing. Maybe talk to the girl and ask her to encourage him to stay in his group or at least find out if she minds the attention from him.I shave worked in a few homes and day centeres where fixations like this occurred many didnt end well sadly. I would advise a meeting with all relevant parties to discuss boundaries etc good luck!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds