logolong

DLA impossible to claim n even harder to keep. !!!

More
14 years 7 months ago #28449 by Deafblindwheeler
Here we call it 'Disability allowance' I know sounds like we are being given an allowance to be disabled! Yes I to every year have to reclaim it, what annoys me is this year they lost the form and cut it off! and are now taking their time putting it back on, though notice if you owed them money they are onto you like a tone of bricks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31947 by
Kitty,

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time claiming DLA keep at it dont give in to them I had to fight tooth and nail to keep DLA and in the end after 11 appeals and tribunals I finally got it awarded for life, I think a lot of it comes down to proffessional support from your GP ior health professionals They kept using an old statement from a Hospital consultant to refuse any extension of DLA but when I appealed with a letter explainning that my GP regularly sent a frsh letter to every appeal and knows me better than the hospital consultant that sees me once every year they started to change their attitude towards my case. so it may be a while but you will get there is you persivere with this.

I know it is getting harder for people to claim and this coalition goverment wants to cut back everyones allowances I cannot imaging how many genuine cases will be turned down this year because of new goverment policy which is very unfair I once heard that every fifth application was turned down no matter what the circumstances of the person claimming it. hope you win your battle soon.

a friend of mine had a life award and he dicided to try to get onto the middle rate care componant the tribunal reduced his life award of DLA to 2 years simply on the basis that he had hired a scooter in town because his was broken at the time and he is clinically obese, it seems very unfair that someone is that way because of the condition that stops them from excersizing because movement is far to painful seems to bring an element of predudice into the tribunals because a person is overweight, I dont know we all make our own assumptions based on life experiences and all of our experiences are different so it is so difficult to offer words of help.

I hope Kitty that it all works out for you just keep on banging away at them keep form filling keep coppies (photo coppies) of every form you fill out and fill them out the same every time you do unless of course your circumstancers change for the worst.

they are testing you Kitty to see if you improve.

best wishes.

Nigel.

More
13 years 5 months ago #31956 by Scott_1984
I've Had To Apply For DLA Every 2 Years Since 2004,

Yet I've Always Had Help From Local Charties,

But Sadly End Of 2009/2010, Charities Had Reduced/Stopped There Services In My Area/s & Had To Get Help From My Boyfriend/Carer, My Mum & Her Boyfriend, Who Also Offer Caring Needs.

I've Had 5 Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB)- IIDB Medical Assessments & Physical Examinations Of My Left Hand/Wrist,Arm, & Medical Notes/Letters On My Disabled Left Hand/Wrist,Arm, & Chonic Pain & Disocmfort, & My Mental Health Notes/Files, & More.

Yet DLA Don't Do Medicals & Paper Work Hlp For Me, Never, So Always Got Help From Local Charties Filling Out The DLA Form/s & Papper/s :( :/

Get Help From Benefits & Work Website At: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk

Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2010/11/03 03:06

More
13 years 5 months ago #31957 by Scott_1984
Well The Uk Call It Disability Living Allowance (DLA), DLA For Short :P :)

Sadly When Anyone Owes People Money, They Take Ages,

But If You Own Money To A Big Bank, Big Company, Governments, THEY WANT THE MONEY/MONIES BACK NOW :( :/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31998 by
Kitty,

have you thought about taking someone with you to the tribunals maybe a welfare rights advisor, welfare rights offers a free service they will get to know you first and your disability and in some cases they can speak for you if you are finding the communication bit a little difficult.

More
13 years 5 months ago #32000 by Scott_1984
I hope Kitty can get help from an charity advisor from CAB &/Or Other local charties & mental health charties,

But My local ones from landlord, then DIAL, City & Hackney MIND, MADE CUT BACKS LAST YEAR IN 2009 & City & Hackney MIND Doesn't Offer Personal Welfare Advisor's, Also In 2007/2008 Cit & Hackney MIND's Welfare Rights Advisor Only Helped To Fill Out Disability Living Allowance (DLA) Form/s & Paper/s, But Not They Did NOT Offer There Welfare Rights Advisor To Attend Any DLA Oral Tribunal Hearing Appeals & No Help With DLA Tribunal Hearing Written Appeals Paper/s & Form/s, So Guessing All MIND's Are The Same :( :/

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice.htm

www.mind.org.uk/about/the_network

www.dialuk.info/findadial/index.asp

www.rethink.org/how_we_can_help/advice_s...formation/index.html

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk

Not Sure Where You Find Local Charties To Help Have Access To An Welfare Rights Advisor That Can Attend Tribunal Hearings/Appeals &amp; Help With DLA Papers/Forms &amp; Tribunal Hearing Papers/Forms :/ :(<br><br>Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2010/11/07 10:39

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds