logolong

paraplegics

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #63315 by
Replied by on topic paraplegics
Hi I’m Lexi. I got into an accident recently and is paralyzed from waist down now :/ its so hard to deal with it. Does anyone have any tips?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #63316 by CZ77
Replied by CZ77 on topic paraplegics
Hi! :) I think i understand u, a similar situation happened to me 2 years ago. I felt hopeless and devastated, thinking I would be a causing trouble to my family. I guess i just needed to find others in the same situation. Soo i got a lot of help through the forums, where people share their own experiences and give tips on how to cope with difficulties. Oh and there are so many things under the video section to watch from! Dont worry u r not alone and can always drop me a msg anytime! :)
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by CZ77.

More
7 years 5 months ago #63320 by Alexander98
Replied by Alexander98 on topic paraplegics
hELLO Lexi :side: Girl, I totally get u… Been like that for 5 yrs and honestly it was v hard for me too. I’d say u gotta stay strong, I know it maybe really hard for u but trying to do everything on ur own at first won’t really solve the problem, it will prob just make it worse, at least that’s what happened to me. :dry: U can try to get help from a support grp or smth and then see how you can try to manage… eventually u can become more independent when u work things out one by one. Hope this helps and may God bless u<3

More
7 years 5 months ago #63326 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic paraplegics
Hi Lexi, you have 2 great answers there and if you need help in finding some support groups give me your area you live in by PM and I will try and find you some if you don't feel up to it. You have two great people here who are willing to help you. All you can do is take it a day at a time.

More
11 months 1 week ago #72510 by bigman
Replied by bigman on topic paraplegics
Had polio at the age of 2, at the first was completely paralyzed. By the age of 6 could walk to school with aid of braces and crutches. Up to 10 years ago things stayed the same. The last decade I have used a manual wheelchair. I have traveled and been able to go around locally.

More
11 months 1 week ago #72511 by bigman
Replied by bigman on topic paraplegics
Challenge yourself to do things. Enjoy what you can achieve.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds