Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 3 weeks 6 days ago #70724

I think it is so wrong that sports and concerts venues treat the disabled community like we are nothing. this happen to me a month ago. I went to a concert and they have it glassed off in front of the disabled seatings sections making it really hard to see and hear for something we paid for. Last time I looked, disabled money is as green as non-disabled money. We spend a lot of it on things like concerts because we are limited, physically, will our entertainment choices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by police.

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 3 weeks 6 days ago #70725

sorry but dunno were you are but here in the UK disabled seating is perfectly situated at sporting events, and at concerts

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 3 weeks 5 days ago #70726

Deleted part of post as it was a link to a site that is open to viruses.

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 3 weeks 5 days ago #70727

• Karl
  • Thank you received: 208
Sometimes the seating can be poor, it depends on the venue.

In the UK a lot of venues your carer goes free. This is good.

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 3 weeks 4 days ago #70733

I know when I've been to concerts and I've been to quite a few in my time!! The disabled seating has been great except for one venue!! The L.G Arena, Birmingham has superb disabled seating very close to the stage and superb disabled parking! But the Birmingham indoor arena fails on both disabled seating which isn't great & disabled parking which is close to the venue but you have to go a stupid long way round to the entrance!! Wembley Stadium is great for disabled tickets as the carer goes free and I have to give them kudos as they moved our seats to the most amazing vantage point ever!! Also the parking was close to the entrance. The U.K does do it's best for disabled people when it comes to concert and sports venues maybe a few places need to relook at where their disabled seating and parking is!!

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 3 weeks 2 days ago #70757

At the movie theatre near my house where I go to there is disabled seating near the front-middle rows with lots of room and a good view.

Yes it depends on the venue. I once had a bad experience that was fixed. Went to see a concert at the Fillmore in Detroit and got settled in, but then I realized there was seating in front of me that was all at one level (not staggered like theatre seating usually is) and the seats were higher than my chair. So I knew that once they filled up, i'd be unable to see.

They remained empty until a few minutes after the concert started. Then a group of people came in and took those seats.

I told the theatre usher about this problem and he led me and a few others to ... probably the best seats in the house. An area in front of the bar and eating area. And of course better than the original seats, because we could see!

I'd leave feedback on this issue if you can, through their website or reviews.

Last edit: by Kittycat. Reason: Added in the last sentence.

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 3 weeks 1 day ago #70763

I find that most arena's and theatres will do their best to seat disabled customers in a good viewing area if their disabled seats are not good enough. I've only ever had one bad experience where a member of staff wasn't helpful and refused to move us to a better viewing position.

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 2 weeks 4 days ago #70807

Funnily enough just been trying to get through to a disabled ticket line to get tickets to see Simple Minds in concert and spent over an hour in the que waiting to speak to someone! Managed to drain my phone battery! Got really mad waiting because I rang 9am on the dot for when they opened as well! I've never known it that busy ever! I normally only have to wait a max of 10mins to get through to a disabled ticket line not over an hour!

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 2 weeks 3 days ago #70817

Update on my trying to buy tickets! You now have to get a 'access card' which you use to get your disabled tickets online, but as it's in the early stages so you still have to call a disabled ticket line at the moment but you get a reference code so when you call the ticket line you give them the reference number and you buy the tickets. But the site is playing up which you apply for the 'access card' from. So can't get it sorted so I'm left in limbo getting the tickets till Monday when I can talk to Nimbus Disability who are doing the access cards! The ticket line are holding the tickets for me for 7 days till I can get the access card and the Reference number! Such a nightmare!! Grrrrrrr!!

Disabled seating sections at concerts and sports venues 2 weeks 19 hours ago #70843

Have now got my tickets!! My husband goes free because he is my carer so only had to pay for mine! I've also got my access card registration approved so now can buy disabled tickets online which will be a massive help!!

• Page:
Moderators: NaomiB
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds