logolong

MICROWAVE

More
15 years 8 months ago #6701 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re: Microwave:
Mavis wrote:

Am not an expert when using a microwave and I learned fast how to turn sausages into cinders, also how to flood the oven with liquid, undercook potatoes and carrots. Now I think before I use it and have small successess, I at first you don't succeed,try, try , try again eh!:dry:

Maybe you should of got a simple microwave! More expensive microwaves means more complex there are to operate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #25996 by
Replied by on topic Re: Microwave:
I know this is an old thread so I apologise if I should not have posted on it.

But I've been using a microwave oven for over 30 years, and am now on my third one. The first was too small when I had to move to an apartment without a kitchen, so I gave it to some friends who had just had a baby, and bought a larger one for all my cooking needs.

Years later that one packed up and as I couldn't then find someone to fix it I bought the latest version of the same make. Not a combi, just a plain microwave oven.

I then found someone to fix the previous one, and gave it to some other friends.

There is no way I would be able to cook certain things without my microwave, and it is brilliant for blanching vegetables for freezing when there is a glut because those vegetables are in season.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #27115 by
Replied by on topic Re: Microwave:
Today's main meal.

A load of lettuce torn up. Two Mediterranean cucumbers chopped up. One tennis ball size kohlrabi chopped up. Half a dozen radishes and about a dozen or so cherry tomatoes quartered.

One large frozen salmon steak, rinsed and put in the microwave in a polybag for just four minutes.

Added some stoned and sliced black olives, ditto stoned and sliced green olives.

Tossed the salad - removed the salmon steak from the polybag and took off skin and took out central bone. Flaked salmon onto the salad and sloshed some EVOO onto the lot.

Yum yum, with virtually no effort.

[I think I need to go on a diet...]

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds